Removing or Hiding Lag when the player first loads / boots a game

Eff-n-Geoff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there, thank you all for the support so far ... we're now 2 weeks or so away from launch and it's looking good :)

We only have one issue that we'd love to solve, but we think it might be un-solve-able so could it be hidden?

Basically, whenever you load up our game for the first time or load a save game there are reports of a 5 second or so 'slow-down' or lag when everything comes into place and the game begins to run as normal. We do already use the TDDP preloader - and the only obvious side-effect is that the audio is slow to initialise. There isn't any stuttering, it feels like the game is sequentially loading everything up and slowing down as a result.

Seeing as it only lasts a few seconds, is there a method we could employ here that would pause the game after a saved game is loaded (as in pause all events) to give the map etc time to load up, the sounds to turn on and then the game resumes as normal? 

Thank you in advance.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Just put an animated "Loading" screen, like a gif, it should be enough i think.

Eff-n-Geoff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you for replying @RogdagoR, we are trying to avoid this if possible. But we wondered if there was a script command that would allow us to slowly fade in the game on the first load / first run?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png
Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewRoots