Sepheyer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would anyone know if actor's weapon (exactly as it appears in the Initial Equipment selection screen) can be removed altogether and replaced with, for example, glasses?

Currently it seems that the first slot in the Initial Equipment section is hardcoded and can be only occupied by a Weapon. This is probably a bug with the RPG Maker. This appears in both RPGM MZ and MV.

Here is what I am referring to:

The equipment type that an actor starts with is supposedly declared in the databses's Types/Equipment Type section. This is the actor's initial equipment, it contains Type Weapon in the first slot.

01.png

This is declared in the database:

02.png

But if we replace "Weapon" with say "Glasses" and then make a Spectacles Armor to be of Type "Glasses", we cannot make Spectacles of Type "Glasses"! The first slot of he Equipment Types can't be used for customization - the "Glasses" Type doesn't even appear in the selection menu. And furthermore, the very first slot of Initial Equipment can only be Weapon.

03.png

04.png

The weapon type still exists -- even though it uses "Glasses" label, the only items that can be equipped are weapons:

05.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can be only occupied by a Weapon. This is probably a bug with the RPG Maker.
no, this is not a bug but intentional.
same with the fact that activating the dual wield trait replaces the second slot with a weapon slot, no matter what is there.

That is the way how the weapon slots have been hardcoded for a long time, and can't be changed without changing the entire works of how dual wielding and weapon slots work.

Sepheyer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
no, this is not a bug but intentional.
same with the fact that activating the dual wield trait replaces the second slot with a weapon slot, no matter what is there.

That is the way how the weapon slots have been hardcoded for a long time, and can't be changed without changing the entire works of how dual wielding and weapon slots work.

Thank you for the explanation. Completely makes sense, especially in the light of dual wield's slot restriction going over the shield.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3hunnaz