MariuscoGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
I was making a game with RPG maker MZ, and when creating a new game it will let you choose two adventures to play. The point is, I want the name of the game to change when you choose one or the other.
If you save the game with the adventure you have chosen, in the file selection screen the name of each file will have the name of the adventure. If someone does not understand you can ask me

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
I was making a game with RPG maker MZ, and when creating a new game it will let you choose two adventures to play. The point is, I want the name of the game to change when you choose one or the other.
If you save the game with the adventure you have chosen, in the file selection screen the name of each file will have the name of the adventure. If someone does not understand you can ask me
I was writing a very long answer but I think what you mean.
I think you would need a plugin for this, specially the part for changing the title of the game, since that information is saved in the json for the game and might need more lines of code that the script command allows. For the information in the save file that would be shown, I think that Visustella has a plugin that lets you have specifical text in the save file, you can then store the Adventure name in the file.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

So you only want this on the save/load screen, not on the game title itself? (because that wouldn't make sense, if the player can have several games in progress at the same time, as the title appears before they get to choose the game they want to continue)

MariuscoGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]

So you only want this on the save/load screen, not on the game title itself? (because that wouldn't make sense, if the player can have several games in progress at the same time, as the title appears before they get to choose the game they want to continue)
I just want the name of the game to change in the save / load screen and that the title looks the same, that there is a plugin that happens something and changes it but only the text of the save and load screen

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using a save plugin? Probably the easiest way is to set a variable to the correct name both at the start of the game and again when you want it to change, and make your save plugin show that variable somewhere on the save slot. To help you with that, we'd need to know if you're using one, and how you want it to look.

MariuscoGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not using any very specific save plugin for now, just AltSaveScreen (the one that changes the default save screen). Im gonna send images of how it should look

Last edited:

MariuscoGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the title screen it will put the name of the game that is set from the game database.

loli!.PNG

=====================================================================

When creating a new game, a screen will appear in which you will have to choose which story you want to play. It depends on which one you have chosen, you will appear in a different location and with a different actor.

lil.PNG

======================================================================

When you enter the save / load screen, it depends on which one you have chosen previously, the name of the game will change

lul.PNGded.PNG

These images are edited, they are not real in the game. It's just how I want it to look
Are you using a save plugin? Probably the easiest way is to set a variable to the correct name both at the start of the game and again when you want it to change, and make your save plugin show that variable somewhere on the save slot. To help you with that, we'd need to know if you're using one, and how you want it to look.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are you already using a plugin that changes the save/load screen? Which one is it?

MariuscoGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are you already using a plugin that changes the save/load screen? Which one is it?
It is AltSaveScreen

sly.PNG

This image shows how the plugin looks:
lul.png

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@MariuscoGames , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

So what do I have to do now?

You wait and see if someone has time to fill your request, and you bump after 72 hours with no response.

MariuscoGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[dpost]@MariuscoGames [/dpost]

You wait and see if someone has time to fill your request, and you bump after 72 hours with no response.
[dpost]@MariuscoGames [/dpost]

Now I am using visustella Save core plugin. Winshifter said to use it. If someone manages to do what I put, I will deactivate this and I will put the one you have done

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
basicgraphics