Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Buy links:

Features:

• Not your typical fantasy setting. Medieval look and non-human races, but more with a modern day dynamic – gangs, crime-infested slums, city councils instead of kings in castles, and science instead of magic.
  • Strategic turn-based battle system which includes skills with unique areas of effect.
  • Fully voice acted
  • Weapon and Armour upgrading – find specific items which can be used to add a variety of stat bonuses to your equipment, but do so wisely, because each weapon and armour has a limited number of upgrade slots.
  • First part of a larger story
  • In addition to story mode, challenge yourself with consecutive battles in arena mode
  • Two difficulty modes: Normal and Brazen
  • Puzzles to solve and secret areas to find!

Synopsis:

Something very important was stolen from the council – a high value item required for a new device that could bridge the gap between the physical realm and the realm of phantoms. Who did this and why is unknown, but the city guard hired two mercenaries to find and retrieve this item in return for a hefty sum – Agela, a young, somewhat brash, and quick-witted archer, and her smarty pants imp sidekick Ingus.

Agela and Ingus will have to infiltrate their way into crime-ridden slums, as well as a whole host of underground and treacherous locations in order to get the job done. On their journey they are guided by a phantom ally, Angadani, who appears from time to time to update them with useful information. A simple fetch job quickly becomes more complex as more factions become involved and set their eyes on the precious item. It’s more than they bargained for, but to Agela and Ingus, giving up is not an option!

Screenshots:

Credits:

DEVELOPED BY:
Matthew Ashworth (Matseb2611)
of Astronomic Games

PUBLISHED BY:
New Reality Games

SOFTWARE:
RPG Maker MV
by Kadokawa

ART:
Celianna
Woody
Froll
Simirk
Kalamona
Timmah
Kadokawa
Enterbrain
Lamoot
Matthew Ashworth

MUSIC:
Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
Joel Steudler
SGAndersson
Jewelbeat.com
Symphony-of-Specters

VOICE ACTING:
Agela - Bree Page
Ingus - Brandon Fague
Angadani - Cayla Martin
Ogoz the 3rd - Gianni Matragrano
Tororm - Brandon Fague

SOUND FX:
GameChestAudio
Ghetty
Alcalamusic
Creatorium_sound_design
Art-of-Sound
TibaSFX
Blinn Audio
NoizFXed
Joel Steudler
Nonzerobot
Bant
Sonic-boom
Shikkon
AudioMechanica2
Pure-Noise
Pheryan
OctoSound
Googleeman
SilvermanSoundStudios
HollywoodEdge
FxProSound
Kadokawa
Enterbrain

PLUGINS:
Yanfly
Galv
Shaz
Atreyo Ray
SumRndmDde (http://sumrndm.site)
Hudell

STORY & CHARACTERS:
Matthew Ashworth

TESTERS:
JCBrickston
Sohrab Azar
Palladinthug (Bonkers)
Soul

Last edited:

MiBa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Computer
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome combat. Keep the good work up!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, MiBa! I will post some more screenies and possibly a video in the days to come.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made another video sample of the game. This one showcases a cutscene with some voice acting as well as a boss fight against one of the game's antagonists. Enjoy.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
WOAH BEEFED VOICE! Sounds so Strong! Maybe the facial expression at the beginning more angry than smiling on that villiain. But wow! Your voice actors are really having fun now (and liking your stories, I can understand why)!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys. I guess that's something voice actors are good at - getting into the role of the character and the mood of the scene. :D

That's really cool, KayZaman. Even just having some of it in battles already adds a nice flavour to the characters.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: I'm almost finished with the main campaign for this episode (it's about 3 hours long) and just need to add the arena mode and a few scripts, such as the title screen, etc. Just putting up some screenshots here of some of the areas in the 2nd half of the game. Should be ready to begin beta testing fairly soon. If anyone is really interested, let me know. :)

It's raining on this map, though it's hard to tell on a still image.

fiddlesticks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
. -

Last edited:

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seriously, this is amazing looking game. Makes me want to make my own :D
The skills are pretty cool!
Dark atmospheric maps are great.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, Alastor01.
Most of the tilesets I used here are Celianna's Ancient Dungeon Tiles, and the sprites I bought from Gamedevmarket, which I edited to look more like the characters I envisioned. :)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, guys. Renegade Grounds: Episode 1 has now come out on Steam!

At the moment it's only the Windows version that's out, but we're hoping to sort out the Mac and Linux versions as well. And if all goes well, we're going to attempt to convert it onto mobiles too.

Here is its Steam page at this link.

And in case you haven't yet seen the trailer (I realise I've not posted it here until now), here it is to pique your interest:

So what's next in store for Astronomic Games you might ask? Well, Episode 2 of Renegade Grounds is definitely going to be happening. Currently writing the dialogue lines for it so to send to the voice actors before the full work will begin. But in a meantime I'm working on another project I've been planning for some time now, which will be a hybrid of a detective visual novel and a dating sim at the same time with some very lovely looking romance options. Stay tuned. ;)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @RainbowGrenade. I agree, the voice acting seems to breathe a new life into characters. But it can be quite pricey for any projects larger than this.

Harrumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am so happy I clicked on the little link in your signature! that video was a treat! I love your voice actors, and the story is very intriguing!

I think it would be nifty to do some voice work, I just don't know what kinda things to say so I feel stupid. ahah

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Harrumi. Sorry I didn't see your comment earlier. Are you a voice actress? I'm always on a lookout for new voice actors for future projects, so maybe I'll hire your someday (although VA can be so costly and most times it's more like a bonus since players seem to prefer story, gameplay, and graphics the most). But thank you for checking out the game. I've had part 2 of this series in the planning for some time now, but decided to put it on hold for the time being since part 1 hasn't sold too well yet. I do want to get back to it though.

In other news, if anyone knows of King Kobora, he does awesome LPs of RM games with funny commentary. He did an LP of my older game, Just Face It, about 3 years ago. He's now doing an LP of Renegade Grounds after I requested it. Here is the first episode:

Harrumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I haven't had any experience voice acting. However, it is something I find interesting and I'd at least like to give it a go one day. I think I'd need a script to read though. :)

If you wanted me to try out, I think that'd be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com