Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if there was a way to make a skill that repeats itself, while the user can still use other skills?
For example the Mage can cast meteor, and at the end of every turn it'll deal damage to all enemies. But even while this is going on she can still do other actions.

I thought the way to do it would be create a State that lasts for however many rounds and calls a Common Event that triggers the skill. Buuuuut I couldn't find an option to call common events from the state database.

So is there a way around this? Either a plugin or coding? Any help will be appreciated!

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you just have it inflict a state that deals damage every turn? Similar to like Poison.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Milennin: I wanted it to be a attack each turn. So the enemy could still defend. Or if the caster dies the effect ends, regardless of how many turns it had left.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have the skill inflict a blank condition on the caster.
Common event that runs at the end of every turn that checks if the caster is inflicted with the blank condition.
If yes, Force Action -> the attack you want to use.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Perfect! Thank you. :smile:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00cassiesmells