Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if there was a way to make a skill that repeats itself, while the user can still use other skills?
For example the Mage can cast meteor, and at the end of every turn it'll deal damage to all enemies. But even while this is going on she can still do other actions.

I thought the way to do it would be create a State that lasts for however many rounds and calls a Common Event that triggers the skill. Buuuuut I couldn't find an option to call common events from the state database.

So is there a way around this? Either a plugin or coding? Any help will be appreciated!

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you just have it inflict a state that deals damage every turn? Similar to like Poison.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Milennin: I wanted it to be a attack each turn. So the enemy could still defend. Or if the caster dies the effect ends, regardless of how many turns it had left.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have the skill inflict a blank condition on the caster.
Common event that runs at the end of every turn that checks if the caster is inflicted with the blank condition.
If yes, Force Action -> the attack you want to use.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Perfect! Thank you. :smile:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:
A self-aware gamer, playing my game on video, and being honest about his feelings: :kaojoy:

It gets funny, there's heart, and his laptop is on fire as he plays. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour