Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to only 'Repel' monsters if they're weaker than you? Say like comparing a monster's stats against a actor or the stat average of the party?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you use visual battles, you can check the average of the stats of your planned battle vs the party (via some clever variable commands). But if you are using random battles, you can't do this by default and will have to request a plug-in for this. If that is the case, let us know and we can move this thread to Plug-in requests.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does "weaker than you" mean? There are so many stats, it's not as easy as a straight comparison - they could be higher in one, and lower in another.

What if you have a party of one, and your stats are slightly better than an individual enemy's, but the troop consists of 4 of them, which would make them vastly superior.

And are you talking random encounters or visible encounters?

Flaqko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do your enemies have levels? if so any of them in a lower level could be weaker and easier to find out

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you use visual battles, you can check the average of the stats of your planned battle vs the party (via some clever variable commands). But if you are using random battles, you can't do this by default and will have to request a plug-in for this. If that is the case, let us know and we can move this thread to Plug-in requests.
What exactly is a 'Visual Battle'? For the record, I am using random battles.

What does "weaker than you" mean? There are so many stats, it's not as easy as a straight comparison - they could be higher in one, and lower in another.

What if you have a party of one, and your stats are slightly better than an individual enemy's, but the troop consists of 4 of them, which would make them vastly superior.

And are you talking random encounters or visible encounters?
The game I'm working on is a remake of Dragon Quest 1, which as 1 on 1 battles, so it would be 1 of the hero's stats vs 1 of the enemy's stats. I believe the original formula compared the enemy's strength (ATK) vs the hero's DEF.

do your enemies have levels? if so any of them in a lower level could be weaker and easier to find out
I'm not using Enemy Levels but if its required to pull it off then I might reconsider. I'm just not sure how to make it work.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Visual battles are where the battles only occur if a monster touches you on the map. But since you are using random battles, this will require a plug-in.

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Visual battles are where the battles only occur if a monster touches you on the map. But since you are using random battles, this will require a plug-in.

[move]Plug-In Requests[/move]
I see. I usually refer to those as 'Event Battles'

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeelsonT