bfamig20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My current game has no need for a menu screen, however, it would be nice to replace that function instead with the Save Game screen. I know how to remove functions from the menu (in the window_MenuCommand section) but this still means going to the menu and then selecting "Save" which is the only option. This seems like a needless extra step...Is there a way (possibly a simple script) that bypasses the menu entirely and can instead just go to the Save Game screen?

Thanks in advance!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Put this in a new script slot below all your other scripts (just above Main)

Code:
class Scene_Map < Scene_Base  def call_menu    Sound.play_ok    SceneManager.call(Scene_Save)  endend

Last edited by a moderator:

bfamig20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm... Not quite working. I get an error saying the last end is "unexpected" Image attached for that. When I delete that end line, the error goes away but there's no change in the menu. Sorry... I'm not too comfortable with scripts...

I wonder if it has something to do with the other scripts I have? I also attached an image of the script and how I'm using it.

Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 7.02.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 7.03.06 PM.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry - I missed out a word. Have modded the script above.

bfamig20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This worked! Thank you!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:
I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:
Well, shoot. I didn't mean for the title screen to be there in my previous post.
Can everyone here just forget about that until I'm actually ready to formally announce it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhanalka