The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title says it all...
I'm really, really terrible at drawing people/faces, so I was going to use a gif of the characters walking in the menus. How can I do this? I know it'll probably require a script, so if there is one, I'd greatly appreciate being linked to it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, it does require a script - and using animated gifs is not as easy as you think, or the engine wouldn't be based on PNG-sheets of multiple elements for animation.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 script request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Cunechan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Title says it all...
I'm really, really terrible at drawing people/faces, so I was going to use a gif of the characters walking in the menus. How can I do this? I know it'll probably require a script, so if there is one, I'd greatly appreciate being linked to it.

There are scripts for this. I think you'll need every single frame of the animation and save them as .png, using one script like these from Mr Trivel here or maybe this one from modern algebra here. Hope these can help you

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are scripts for this. I think you'll need every single frame of the animation and save them as .png, using one script like these from Mr Trivel here or maybe this one from modern algebra here. Hope these can help you

Mr.Trivel's is awesome! Thank you!

-

In case anyone ever stumbles across this looking for what I'm doing, I couldn't find any tutorials for Mr.Trivel's, but it's this simple:
A faceset from someone like Celianna(I love her artwork, I recommend it) has the exact layout it uses.

Pictures(frame sequence) are read like this:

0, 1, 2, 3
4, 5, 6, 7

Pictures go in the 'faces' folder in your project's main folder.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png
Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bretzel68440