Replacing face graphic with different filename?

EzraBlake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So let's say I have 100 text events using face graphic JohnDoe.png, each one using an expression cell (1, 2, 3, etc). Is there any way to replace all of those instances with BobHeart.png and retain the cell number?

I can't just save my new image as JohnDoe.png because the filename specifies the number of expressions for a bust plugin. (So in reality, I need to change John[Exp1x5].png to John[Exp1x7].png since I added expressions, but I thought that would be more confusing.)

If anyone has figured this out, please let me know! Otherwise I'll start replacing them manually.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a multifile text editor and run a search and replace of the strings on all json files of the project.
there are several editors that can do this, I use textpad for example.

EzraBlake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! Textpad worked perfectly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cobertk