Replacing Steam Version with Mac Standalone.

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I had to install the Steam version for my Mac because there was no standalone.

After the standalone for Mac comes out, can I install that and then transfer the Steam version to another laptop?

I read that you can only install RMMV on two computers but by that time I would've installed it twice on the same computer. Will I still be able to install the Steam version on my other computer?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, steam versions are transferable. Steam's DRM model is not that games and software are locked to a computer, they are locked to an account. As long as you sign in using an account that owns the software, you can download and install it on any computer. They do make sure that, if you're using the account in multiple locations, that you're not running the same piece of software.

The two computer limit is for the non-steam version only. The steam version is technically unlimited in the number of computers it can be used on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carugatti