MattDrummy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using the damage formula, I'm able to script conditionals for applying states and other non damage effects. However, if I have a
situation where a state can't apply, the damage formula defaults to Zero damage. How can I skip the damage effect (numbers and hit effect) and display a miss statement instead? Is there a way to use script call to force a miss? Or is it too late to make that appear because the attack would have gone though the hit stage before calculating damage. Here's an example of a formula I'm using that ultimately leads to a damage number and effect.

b.isStateAffected(74) ? b.die() : 0

This formula checks if the battler is affected by a Zombie state, and if so, kills them. But if the battler doesn't have the zombie state, it should just miss, but in this case (obviously) it creates a damage effect and displays a zero. I would be okay if it had the effect of damage, and didn't display the number but ideally, I'd rather it just force a miss or Immune statement instead. I haven't found a plug in that specifically does this either.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By default, the damage formula does calculate the hit/miss first, then the damage second. There might be a way to force the damage formula to update the hit/miss parameters and change them to a miss, but I'm not sure if they would still display. Maybe someone who knows more about the MV damage formula could say more?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Writing a game about my trauma and I want to do a level about struggling with my sexuality. It's a horror game and each level is different with a different monster chase but I have no idea how to go about this level any ideas?
It's been a while since i posted so here's something i've been working on.
Game_Mockup7_6.png
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

I've decided to stop buying candy in supermarket and bulk buy 4.5kg of candy. The disadvantage of that is, now I eat a lot of candy. -_-
Microsoft has consumed Activision Blizzard. Makes me wonder if they're gonna make Blizzard Blizzard again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WISDOMDICK