NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys,

Have any of you had to report to jury duty before? I'm a little confused by the process. So I registered on the online website already, and here's what it says now:
Check between Monday, May 22, 2017 7:00 PM
and Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:00 AM

You do not have to report in on Monday, May 22, 2017.

Your calls to 1-800-778-5879 (SRV-JURY) and/or requests for reporting instructions on this website are recorded. Your failure to check for reporting instructions during your reporting week as instructed on even one day will cause a failure to appear notice to be mailed to you and your jury service will be rescheduled.

So this means I don't have to come to court on Monday, right? And do I have to call them, even if I registered online already? It sounds like I am to supposed to call between 7PM to 6AM... I don't get this at all... :dizzy:

Raijinn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa, English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not gonna lie, was confused af. But I believe there's something called google..?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It says calls OR requests on the website. I do believe since you have gone to the website and been instructed that you do not have to report in, you have checked for reporting instructions.

If I got that, I would not report in on Monday, and I would not call them. I would check again on Monday night to see if they want you on Tuesday.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do what Shaz says, and don't let the pseudo-threatening language scare you, all they're really saying is that you'll be put back in the selection pool if you fail to appear if requested. Cool that you can check in via website though, the last time I ended up in a jury pool it was a mistake but they only did mailers and I didn't get the second letter saying not to come until after I'd wasted 5 hours in a jury selection process I wasn't actually supposed to be a part of.

Daniel47

NightWalker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wouldn't stress too much about it. From the sound of it I would call and see if they need you. Otherwise like what Alexander Amell said, you'll be put back in for selection.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had it recently. How it works is you do have to call in during the time listed (7 pm the 22nd to 6 am the 23rd). The call will tell you if you are needed on Tuesday the 23rd. Proceed from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs
the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!
Everytime someone says Intel "kabylake" I hear either baby lake or ladycake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dudebro