Report for jury duty?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mr. Detective, May 20, 2017.

1. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey guys,

Have any of you had to report to jury duty before? I'm a little confused by the process. So I registered on the online website already, and here's what it says now:

So this means I don't have to come to court on Monday, right? And do I have to call them, even if I registered online already? It sounds like I am to supposed to call between 7PM to 6AM... I don't get this at all... :dizzy:

2. Raijinn

Raijinn YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Veteran

First Language:
    Bahasa, English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not gonna lie, was confused af. But I believe there's something called google..?

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It says calls OR requests on the website. I do believe since you have gone to the website and been instructed that you do not have to report in, you have checked for reporting instructions.

If I got that, I would not report in on Monday, and I would not call them. I would check again on Monday night to see if they want you on Tuesday.

Alexander Amnell likes this.
  4. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Do what Shaz says, and don't let the pseudo-threatening language scare you, all they're really saying is that you'll be put back in the selection pool if you fail to appear if requested. Cool that you can check in via website though, the last time I ended up in a jury pool it was a mistake but they only did mailers and I didn't get the second letter saying not to come until after I'd wasted 5 hours in a jury selection process I wasn't actually supposed to be a part of.

5. Daniel47

Daniel47 NightWalker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I wouldn't stress too much about it. From the sound of it I would call and see if they need you. Otherwise like what Alexander Amell said, you'll be put back in for selection.

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I had it recently. How it works is you do have to call in during the time listed (7 pm the 22nd to 6 am the 23rd). The call will tell you if you are needed on Tuesday the 23rd. Proceed from there.