Repositioning a sideview actor's default position before/during battle?

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone! I'm trying to make my battles more visually dynamic, but I can't seem to find the right way to do it. Basically I'd like to be able to have the players character sometimes start in different places(preferably set before/at the start of the battle). I went on a big search for the information, with a couple people saying it can be done with script calls and eventually found these two codes from this short thread:
Code:
SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[X]._homeX
SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[X]._homeY
But I'm not exactly sure how to go about implementing them. As there anyone proficient in scripting, that can walk me through this script calls use, or have any better script call functions for this type of thing?

Alternatively if anyone knows of a plugin that can do this, I'd also be grateful for that!

Thanks!

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For MV there's an awful lot you can do with Yanfly's Action Sequence pack. I bought his stuff after the paywall went up and don't regret it as there's a ton of saved time using his plugins.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For MV there's an awful lot you can do with Yanfly's Action Sequence pack. I bought his stuff after the paywall went up and don't regret it as there's a ton of saved time using his plugins.
I actually do have it as well and use it a lot! But I don't remember there being anything about shifting the default home position?

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use script
SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[a].setHome(x, y)
such as
SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[0].setHome(300, 150)
Or try this plugin
Battle Formation

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confessors