DevByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's a game that I posed in the Completed Games tab a while back on my previous account which didn't really get any feedback. I was wondering if it's possible to post it again with this account? Or is there another approach I should take to resurface the game with this account?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that are two different questions.

1) why a new account at all? you should ask a mod to help you restore the old account

2) if nothing changed in the game itself, then it's doubtful that a new posting will get more interest.
you should link to the old page and ask there why there was no feedback, and then work on improvng it before posting again.

DevByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
that are two different questions.

1) why a new account at all? you should ask a mod to help you restore the old account

2) if nothing changed in the game itself, then it's doubtful that a new posting will get more interest.
you should link to the old page and ask there why there was no feedback, and then work on improvng it before posting again.
1) I've made a change to the name of my development company therefore I made a new account. I wasn't sure if there's a way to change the name of my account, if there is I did indeed waste my time but I do have access to the previous account

2) I actually wanted to post and ask that but wasn't sure if that was allowed. I thought it would be considered "necro posting" or something like that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought it would be considered "necro posting" or something like that?
no, different subforums have different rules.
the necro rule applies to support forums, but the project and presentation forums have no timeout.

as for the name - you can't change it yourself, but there is a topic to request a namechange to an account from an admin.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Theoretically possible through settings, but doesn't seem to work.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah we'd prefer to merge the accounts if possible. But it takes staff to do this too and do the name change.

DevByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah we'd prefer to merge the accounts if possible. But it takes staff to do this too and do the name change.
You can merge accounts? I'd like to do that if possible.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok I left a message for someone who handles this to get back to you. Though its not a true merge, they get rid of one and you keep the other under the name you want to use.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting