(REQUEST) A state wich makes the affected be the only targetable character.

Rinux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
N/A
More specifically, if an ally were to be affected with the state, all enemies could only target that ally. Allies can still target freely. Is there a Script or Plugin i could use for this? (Not good at JavaScript BTW).

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is Yanfly's Taunt PlugIn, which does exactly what you want + some extras, like restricting the taunt to only physical/magical attacks for example or giving some enemies the ability to ignore the taunt.
I am not sure if it's still free though. A while ago Yanfly put up a paywall for some of his PlugIns.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
within a single limitation, this doesn't even need a script.

enemy targeting is handled by the parameter "target rate". An actor with target ratew 0% will never be targeted, and an actor with target rate 1000% will be targeted ten times as often as someone with target rate 100%.

unfortunately 1000% is the maximum for the trait, although you can add the trait multiple times.

having one actor with two times 1000% (from state) and three actors with 100% (regular) will result in the actor with the state being hit 97% of the time while the other three actors will only be targeted 1% of the times each.

To get the other actors really to zero they would have to be the ones to gain a 0%TGR state, but usually the other way is enough and can be achieved without any script.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does this apply throughout the game, only with one type of enemy, only in one battle?

If it's not the whole game, then it's straightforward just using the damage formula.

Rinux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
N/A
within a single limitation, this doesn't even need a script.

enemy targeting is handled by the parameter "target rate". An actor with target ratew 0% will never be targeted, and an actor with target rate 1000% will be targeted ten times as often as someone with target rate 100%.

unfortunately 1000% is the maximum for the trait, although you can add the trait multiple times.

having one actor with two times 1000% (from state) and three actors with 100% (regular) will result in the actor with the state being hit 97% of the time while the other three actors will only be targeted 1% of the times each.

To get the other actors really to zero they would have to be the ones to gain a 0%TGR state, but usually the other way is enough and can be achieved without any script.
Thank you, will try! It doesn't need to be percfect, just usable. This is not a super important part of the game lol.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bagil