Request board

NVusFire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
So I wanted to make an event of something like a Request board, where the player can go up to it and accept quests but I'm having a lot of trouble with it and I end up deleting it and starting from scratch every time. I think that I'm probably just overthinking it like I always do, I currently do not have the event started any more because I'm starting from scratch again and I need help.

Is there a script or easy way to make an event that will:

• Let the player accept multiple quest from the board
  • Remove the quest from the request board when finished (unless it is a repeatable quest)
  • Limit the quest so that the players Main character has to be a certain level before they can accept certain quest
  • Be able to load more quest after a quest is finished or the player reaches a certain level

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ty

UNphiltered_khaos

Game Dev. Artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am not sure off the top of my head how you would do Level-limited events, but for everything else you would use switches and/or variables.

Say you have 2 events, but (for some reason) it is set so only one can be active quest at one time. You will have 2 switches, one for each event, named event 1 and event 2 for simplicity. then you have a conditional branch with "Variable 1 =O, run this event (this event being that which allows you to choose other quests)". you could make it so when you choose a quest, it adds a variable counter to variable 1 so it will be equal to 1. When you complete the quest, it will remove that variable and make it 0 again, and then you can choose the next quest.
I hope this helps, it should be easily adaptable to what you are trying to do, but it requires some knowledge of switches and variables. Which are thankfully not as daunting as they may first seem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer