DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, everyone. I've been searching for a while (a really REALLY long time) for something like this, and while I know enough scripting to just get me by tweaking measurements or line locations, I can't do much else. That being said...

Crisis Core has an interesting target menu, or enemy info menu. I've looked everywhere, at all the different "Enemy Scan skill" and "Enemy HP Bar" and "Enemy HUD" scripts out there, and nothing works exactly the way I needed. As far as games go, Crisis Core is the closest to what I'd want.

The following screenshot shows the Enemy Info I want displayed. Name, HP, MP. Simple stuff.
CrisisCore1.png

And here's a video showing the example in action that was found on YouTube.

Note that the player doesn't have to press a button to see the enemy information, there's no opened new menu, and battles do not pause or freeze when accessing this information. It is there when the player has targetted the enemy.

Basic setup, this is a mockup of what I'd want shown in battles:

CrisisCore2.png

There's one more ticker here, though. I would want the Battler name and the HP/MP data the only changing data on the screen, OR the words "HP", "MP", and "TARGET", to not show, and instead have an option to sneak an image file behind it to make a custom mini-HUD that would of course only show up when that info shows up.

CrisisCore3.png
CrisisCore4.png

• An option to change the size of the font that shows up in the script
  • Including MP is not necessary, and if its easier to be done with just HP that's fine
  • The possibility to include a switch that turns it on or off, or some sort of notetag that acts as other "scan/libra skill" scripts do, to determine when the player CAN actually see the enemy health and when they can't)

Is this possible? I've seen MOGHUNTER's Hud possibilities and that's perfect...for the bottom half of the battle screen. Any other kind of script I've come across, well...
...the HP is a bar shows up on the bottom of the enemy (I've got moving enemies so the bar follows it, I can't set it up top manually)...
...the info only shows up if I hit a certain button (example: pressing shift while targetting the enemy to pause the battle and show a new window that shows everything from health to resistances, pressing back to continue fighting)...

...a boss bar that shows up on the top of the screen, but not every enemy is a boss, so...that won't work...

If I have missed a crucial script somewhere out there that would do this, and ONLY this (as in, I'm not looking for a script that changes the entire battle screen) then please link it down below. Again, I've searched high and low for this kind of thing, and if I was smart enough to make the script myself I would, but no luck.

For main battle scripts, I'm using:
  • YANFLY Battle Engine
  • YANFLY Battle Command List
  • MOG Battle Hud EX
  • MOG Battle Command Ex
  • RSSBSACE - Reedo's Simple Side Battle System
For non-main battle scripts, such as tiny skills or other visual aids that haven't affected things so far:
  • MOG Battle Cursor
  • MOG Battle Result
  • MOG Battleback EX
  • MOG Skill Ex
  • MOG ATB Skill Name (which can and is being used without an ATB system)
Others include script snippets, like an actor healing on level up or skills for manashields or autolife statuses.

Thank you for any replies you might have for me.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What battle scripts are you using?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This script is as simple as creating a new help window during enemy selection, and shouldn't be too hard to make. I could see what I could do when I'm back home or at the weekend, unless someone does it sooner than me.

Just in case, any battle-related script you're using?

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What battle scripts are you using?
Just in case, any battle-related script you're using?

Ah, I'll add that to the main post in a second. Completely forgot about this. They're pretty much your basics, though, what's used quite often for many from what I've seen.
For main battle scripts, I'm using:
  • YANFLY Battle Engine
  • YANFLY Battle Command List
  • MOG Battle Hud EX
  • MOG Battle Command Ex
  • RSSBSACE - Reedo's Simple Side Battle System
For non-main battle scripts, such as tiny skills or other visual aids that haven't affected things so far:
  • MOG Battle Cursor
  • MOG Battle Result
  • MOG Battleback EX
  • MOG Skill Ex
  • MOG ATB Skill Name (which can and is being used without an ATB system)
Others include script snippets, like an actor healing on level up or skills for manashields or autolife statuses.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
YANFLY Battle Engine
This is probably going to be the most influential when the script is written because the layout is different. I'm not sure about how other mog's script affects the layout.

In your sample mock-up, you use the default look, but if you're going with your game battle scene, how does it look like?

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is probably going to be the most influential when the script is written because the layout is different. I'm not sure about how other mog's script affects the layout.

In your sample mock-up, you use the default look, but if you're going with your game battle scene, how does it look like?

Well, to bring it into the ACTUAL battle scene I have going on, plus matching the design to the overall concept design I have going thus far (with a new HUD design too, now...)
FiguringOutThisHUD1.png
FiguringOutThisHUD2.png

I added statuses to the menu just as a "Hmm, what would this look like", but it is entirely not needed if you don't want to add it to the possible new script. I can work with that without it, don't worry :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zakariadu78