Request: Event Clone / Duplication / Spawning for MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Barreytor, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Barreytor

Barreytor Villager Member

I've been following closely the MV videos, and once I got it in mail, I went right ahead into playing around with MV, but I came to miss a relatively simple-looking utility script from VXAce that is pretty useful for anything that's added more than a few times.

In short, I'm wondering if someone would be able to build any sort of event cloning/duplication/spawning plugin for the community, because as fancy effects can be had on any single event, when it comes down to copying it half a dozen times in a single map (or across a few maps!) having to go and edit them all can easily become a chore.

Personally, I'd like if, if this gets done, it had the options both to spawn it with code at a certain coordinates (or even directly in a random spot in a region), and setting dummy events with a notetag/comment that get replaced by cloning the actual event.

Thanks in advance to whoever does it (if anyone).

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Barreytor

Barreytor Villager Member

*facepalm*

No, I did do a search but I must have missed that one... Or more specifically, the dependency linked that actually copies/clones/duplicates the events.

Thanks, and sorry for this possibly redundant thread. Link to the actual solution of the request: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46527-orange-custom-events/

Now I just have to see if I can make dummy events that use that plugin to copy their parent event. Shouldn't be too hard...