grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would LOVE a farming script for MV! I know they are very complex (it took me literally YEARS to find one for VX Ace), so I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

Basically, I would like a farming system similar to that of Harvest Moon. This would be able to be tied in to weather variables and a time system. Certain crops would only be able to be planted during certain seasons, otherwise they would wither. Crops that are not watered for more than a couple days in a row would wither. You can use a sickle to get rid of withered crops. Crops would not have to be watered if the weather is rainy, and different crops would grow at different rates. Some crops would be reharvestable up until the end of the season, like corn in Harvest Moon.

Bonus: Player would be able to somehow equip the tools, like hoe, watering can, and sickle.

It would be AMAZING if this were ever made. But I'm not too optimistic :|

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would LOVE a farming script for MV! I know they are very complex (it took me literally YEARS to find one for VX Ace), so I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

Basically, I would like a farming system similar to that of Harvest Moon. This would be able to be tied in to weather variables and a time system. Certain crops would only be able to be planted during certain seasons, otherwise they would wither. Crops that are not watered for more than a couple days in a row would wither. You can use a sickle to get rid of withered crops. Crops would not have to be watered if the weather is rainy, and different crops would grow at different rates. Some crops would be reharvestable up until the end of the season, like corn in Harvest Moon.

Bonus: Player would be able to somehow equip the tools, like hoe, watering can, and sickle.

It would be AMAZING if this were ever made. But I'm not too optimistic :|
I'll make one with every feature the game on my signature currently has :}

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This makes me very happy :D

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Quick question: Will this Farming plug-in be dependent on your other plug-ins, like the Time plug-in and the Weather plug-in? If so, I will start implementing those in my game.

Thanks!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes.

It will also use the OrangeCustomEvents and OrangeCustomEventCreator to create the plant events and everything needed.

Dan Sipe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
send me a copy when you get it my steam name is ASPYREFTW (all caps)

thx

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This request is still open for anyone who wants a challenge/ anyone who is tired of writing battle and RPG scripts! :D

My attempt at eventing a farming system failed miserably haha

jorgewaggoner

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can honestly say I'd love a farming script, I want to use one as a partial feature of a game I'm making.

KrisScythe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i know this post is sort of old but did hudell manage to release the farming scripts as mentioned by him?

would look to see a farming scripts !

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll make one with every feature the game on my signature currently has :}
Can't wait *___* :kaopride::kaoluv:

/edit: yeah, sort of old...

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't wait *___* :kaopride::kaoluv:

/edit: yeah, sort of old...
Well, the game is still not complete, so I haven't made the system yet, but I plan to.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, the game is still not complete, so I haven't made the system yet, but I plan to.
Will be looking for this, hope it'll be completed soon! :kaopride:

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In the meantime, if anyone's interested, I have an evented farming system in MV that allows you to grow up to 5 plant types per tile. It's not as complex as I would like (no hoe is required, so it skips the tilling step), but it works well so far. If you forget to water your plants, they will die. It should also take into account the weather (as in you don't have to water crops while it's raining), but I haven't yet tested that fully with my "latest version".

Because you can only grow 5 plant types per tile (due to the 20-page limit for events), it's not ideal for a game with seasons. It would work in a game like Rune Factory 4, where each season has a different field for growing crops, or for any game without seasons. Another idea would be to have 4 separate greenhouses on the farm, one for each season.

If anyone's interested, I can throw together a demo or a tutorial, but it may take me a couple days because 1) I am busy with work, and 2) I've never done anything like that before!

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@grem333 Can you Give a link.

I would like a Simple Farming system, like the one in Pokemon Games where No Watering is required.

And You can pick berries from a Berry plant and they regrow after a specific time. (With Optional Planting seed option, not necessary)

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does no farming plugin exist for rmmv yet?

Mr.Chris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like Galv's farming mod. Download his demo and it all makes sense. Kind of complicated at first, download the plugin and the demo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85