Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you provide an example of how two skills, one following the other, will work?

What is the MP/TP usage?

Is it possible to prevent a follow-up skill from being executed?

And so on.

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The way I want it, I just want an actor to use a skill, and then follow up with another skill. The costs, targets, ect. would be subject to the skill definition in the database.

Ex: Actor uses Bomb. Costs 5 Mp and damages 1 enemy. Directly after use, the same Actor uses Debris as a followup, Costing nothing, and damages all enemies.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, what would you like to happen when, for example, Debris (the follow up skill) cost 30MP and you only had 10MP?

Last edited by a moderator:

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Probably just wouldn't happen? Like you could make a conditional, and one of the conditions requires the actor to have the appropriate cost in order for the followup to occur.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, I wrote a plugin here.

Just add <follow:id> in notetag of some skill, and after herwill skill with specified iD be used.

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't get it to work at all.. No errors or anything in the console.

EDIT

nevermind. It would have helped if I turned the plugin on XD

romepizza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey there,

can you also add a percentage by which the follow up skill is proced?

For example: I want my Dagger to hit up to five Times.

Depending on luck (random luck, not the stat luk) it hits wether 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 times.

In VX Ace I also used the Yanflys Follup Skills plugin. I set the standard attack to have the follow up skill daggerHitFollowUp1 with 80% chance. daggerHitFollowUp1 had the follow up skill daggerHitFollowUp2 with 60% chance and so on.

Basicly something like <follow_up 101: 80%> (101 is the skill Id) would would be awesome! :)

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can download the newest version from my plugins thread linked in the signature, and you can set it up like this :

Notetag :

<follow-up:101><follow-conditions>$gameVariables.value(some_variable_id)</follow-conditions>Event page of skill 101 :
Code:
Conditional Branch : If Variable some_variable_id === 0  Variable #some_variable_id = Random 1...5Else  Variable #some_variable_id -= 1
Change some_variable_id to a real variable iDI think it'll work...

romepizza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Well the plugin acually doesnt work on me. I tried to make a simple follow up skill, but it doesnt activate.

I put <follow:4> in my TestSkill1 notetag. On skill id 4 there is TestSkill2. None of them have any conditions or costs and my actor knows both of the skills by default.

After activating skill 1, skill 2 doesnt activate.

The plugin is turned on and I even turned of all the other plugins. And I saved afterwards.

Any ideas why it doesnt work?

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oops, sorry, I documented the script wrongly, I think you should add <follow_up:something> instead of <follow:something>

rearda88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
sir, I can't use your plugin. I have type <follow_up:12>, but that skill not trigger skill id : 12. I have turn on that plug in. what should id do? I give you my ss to. lll.png

lll.png

thank you

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same issue, added the plugin, placed it under the battle plugins of Yanfly but didn't work at all. Kinda lost there, recently had a similar plugin made by MOG Hunter but that stopped working too.

Attachments

Webby

Laid-back and nonchalant person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does buffs and debuffs mean to this script, is it the statuses like death or poisoned or just the regular buffs like agi up?
If it is the 1st one, how can you check if buff.added added something like a poison?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The poster of the script hasn't been online in almost 9 months. You would be better off posting a question under plug-in support and seeing if someone else can help you.

Also since the original thread is taken care of, I'm closing this one out. Everyone do remember though to not necropost please, odds are high your questions need a different solution than the original post so it is best to make a new thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartcurt