Request for a compatibility patch (for Visual Equipment script)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by kat821, Apr 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kat821

kat821 Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I discovered RPG Maker quite recently, so reaching out to the original creator of the script probably wouldn't work, as the post with the script was written in 2012.
    I have two scripts that I want to work together: Composite Graphics/Visual Equipment by modern algebra and Superman Ability by Galv.
    The creator says that:
    This script will not work properly with any scripts which change how graphics are drawn by interpreting characters in the filename; ie, if a script will show some sprites or faces differently depending on whether there is some character or series of characters in the name of the graphic resource itself.
    Luckily, however, it is generally very easy to make scripts like that compatible, so if you find one like that, then just post in this topic with a link and I will write a compatibility patch for it.
    The Superman Ability script uses graphics which end in _fly. I'm hoping that it is true that making those scripts compatible is quite easy, as the creator stated. I don't know how to write code in Ruby though, so I'm looking for help here.
    This is the error I get when the player tries to fly (superman ability script) while wearing a visible accesory (visual equipment script):

As you can probably see the name of the graphic is random and different every time so I can't solve it by just adding a graphic with the name specified in the error message.
    I'd be really grateful if someone helped me.

2. ZirconStorms

ZirconStorms VX & VX Ace Scripts Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    upload_2019-4-15_5-33-48.png
    Quick fix; go to the force_takeoff command, remove line 165. (Working with V 1.5 of the superman ability script.)
    Drawback is that _fly graphics are not used. You'd have to manually set the fly graphics when flying is activated; you could do this through a common event. You could also change that line so that the fly graphic/character is just a different index, instead of requiring a seperate _fly image.

3. kat821

kat821 Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for help!

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.