RMMZ Request for a HP/MP "Rolling Odometer" Plugin/Fix to UI when selecting an actor to be healed mid-battle.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone can make a plugin that replicates the functionality (not necessarily the look of the UI) of how HP and MP are handled in Earthbound wherein when an enemy deals damage, instead of being immediately subtracted, the HP is depleted in a more gradual manner and thus countdowns until the full damage has been subtracted. I'm looking for someone to create a plugin in which the HP and MP function this way. (If someone does take me up on this one, I will thank you for the rest of my life). The luck stat should also be used to determine how fast the HP/MP rolls down as well as how likely an actor will finish the battle with minimal HP.

I'm also looking for a plugin (which could also be bundled in with the previous request) for a fix for the actors in battle not being highlighted or highlighted enough when being selected for a healing/stat buff spell.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want to make sure if this plugin would be what you want(this should work with MZ but I've not tested it yet):

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like he's looking for the actual hp/mp numbers on the status window to scroll down or up like an odometer. Your animated hp bars are pretty neat looking, but I don't think that's what he's looking for.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds like he's looking for the actual hp/mp numbers on the status window to scroll down or up like an odometer. Your animated hp bars are pretty neat looking, but I don't think that's what he's looking for.

Yeah I'm not only looking for the animation of the status bars but also the functionality of how it works in Earthbound with the Luck stat being used to determine the "survivablity" of an actor taking mortal damage (i.e. more damage than there is HP).

The survivablity either being that the HP "rolls" more slowly or there's more a change for an actor to end a battle with 1 HP left.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
In this case, you may want to try to ask for commissions as well, as it seems to me that your requests are actually quite specific :)

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I gave it a try.

Check it out HERE

I think it works ok, but only with HP.
I can go back and work on the MP, TP and rate changes if there are no issues with this as-is.

And if so, please be as detailed as you can on how you'd like it to work.

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I gave it a try.

Check it out HERE

I can go back and work on the MP, TP and rate changes if there are no issues with this as-is.

Just tested it out. Any plans to do for MP and TP as well?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have the basic mp/tp structure set up already.
I didn't think people would actually want mp/tp rolling all things considered.
I can implement it tho. I'll just need a few days.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
FYI - I updated the link above with ver 1.0 of my plugin. It works with MP and TP now.

Gonna make a formal topic a little later.

GLaDOS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May i ask, to get this Plugin converted for use in rpg Maker MV, please? :)

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
May i ask, to get this Plugin converted for use in rpg Maker MV, please? :)
MV has a different way of drawing the bars.
I can look into it, but if I recall, the updates caused a noticeable dip in the framerate.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I gave it a try.

Check it out HERE

Sorry for not getting back to you within a timely manner. But I've tested this and it works exactly like how I want it to. My only suggestion that the Luck stat be used like the Guts stat in EarthBound determine how likely a player is to survive with 1 HP left in battle. As far as TP or MP rolling down, perhaps something should be in place so the player doesn't cast more magic than they have MP visually.

I will use this in my current project: Fursona.

EDIT: Maybe add a selectable piece of SFX to play when a party member receives mortal damage

Last edited:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Time has not been on my side when it comes to RPGM lately.
But those ideas seem fun.
I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Note that the plugin will change the actor's stats red when the rolling HP is going to hit 0 (just like when an actor dies), so there is a visual cue.

Last edited:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ver 1.1 update is ready.
You can find it HERE.

I added the sound effect.
Upon giving it more thought, I decided against the GUTS function.
I feel that the rolling stats themselves kinda accomplish that (and the fluctuation values are determined by luck as is.)

If you need it for your project, I'd consider editing what I have to implement it yourself.

Last edited:

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ver 1.1 update is ready.
You can find it HERE.

I added the sound effect.
Upon giving it more thought, I decided against the GUTS function.
I feel that the rolling stats themselves kinda accomplish that (and the fluctuation values are determined by luck as is.)

If you need it for your project, I'd consider editing what I have to implement it yourself.
Oh thank you. I will update my project with this right now and thank you for making a plugin that I have been waiting for since my days with VX Ace. It means a lot.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tln143