Request for animated Medusa sprite improvement (Yanfly battle sideview)

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by BreakerZero, Jul 9, 2019.

1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Resource Type: Battler

Maker Format: (2k,2k3,XP,VX,Ace,MV)

Art Style: MV RTP

Description: Basically this is to clean up and improve on a Medusa battler design that I put together for my project.
    Note that it is proprietary material as of this post and therefore may not be used in any other project as it is not at a stage where such release is feasible. I am simply posting this as a means for the request of possible analysis and improvements. Additionally, this is for Yanfly sideview so keep that in mind. And correct me otherwise but I considered whether this belongs in the "work in progress" area but as a request for analysis/improvement I'm posting here instead barring any objections.

Here's what I have so far. Obviously this job requires full licensed access to MV so keep that in mind. To reiterate, this is not project safe as it is still preliminary so don't go using it in your projects unless you're playtesting any potential design improvements.

[​IMG]

EDIT 1, 2300CDT 13 July 2019: Removed some unintended copy/paste from the style guide page. Also clarified that I'm attempting to isolate a positioning edit for idle frame three so that it's a bit more seamless during gameplay.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    ShadowDragon likes this.
  2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the dead body missing the snake hair, also not all hair are animated which would be nice if its a litle bit outside of casting.

the dead body can also be standing, but grey (stoned) so it cant moves as well its a bit of defeated madusa style
    as looking in the mirror as reflection :)

other than that, its a nice battler you setted up :)

3. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Apologies for the late response, but thanks for the input. However, the reason for which I put this up as a request is because of her traditional multi-hydra crown being slightly off base with the rest of the crown heads (I think it's the lowest one) and I was looking for someone who could perhaps recheck the positioning on frame three of the idle positioning and help to isolate a prospective edit point so that it's a bit more seamless (as even with a [blank] Wacom in my setup, I'm unfortunately still a noob at this). Also, the hydra being missing from the KO frames is intentional as I'm at a loss for head positioning (that and I'm not even using those frames to begin with).