The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have seen a similar request of Confirmation of Save Game of Yanfly's Save Engine (Glav's and others)..

http://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-yanfly-save-engine-confirmation/

But what I require is the same thing, but for confirmation on Shutdown Command (Quit)..Showing Options Yes and No..
And when the window for *"Are you sure you want to Exit?"* comes the background should turn black and white...
I guess this is all what I can explain.. I guess it might be easy and quick...
Thank you, in advance!!

:)   :thumbsup-left:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
What do you mean by exit? Menu exit? Event based exit? Script call(SceneManager.exit) exit? Application(rgss player) exit?

It's best if you can explain why you want that option in your game so any script writer reading this can help you better.

Are you making a game that force the player to save when exit?

Or you simply want a safe check on exit?

If it's the menu based shut down, the end game scene works well as a safe check confirmation with 3 choices. (title/shutdown/cancel)

I don't see why there's a need for extra confirmation on that.

Even when you add that confirmation box to the end scene,

remember that the player can always click the (X) button or alt + f4 or double click the game icon to close the application itself.

You can disable these using a script, but that will take away your players' freedom to exit the game at any time they like.

Or you can do a force full screen to take away the close button and game icon only, so the player can still fast exit using alt + f4.

The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What do you mean by exit? Menu exit? Event based exit? Script call(SceneManager.exit) exit? Application(rgss player) exit?

It's best if you can explain why you want that option in your game so any script writer reading this can help you better.

Are you making a game that force the player to save when exit?

Or you simply want a safe check on exit?

If it's the menu based shut down, the end game scene works well as a safe check confirmation with 3 choices. (title/shutdown/cancel)

I don't see why there's a need for extra confirmation on that.

Even when you add that confirmation box to the end scene,

remember that the player can always click the (X) button or alt + f4 or double click the game icon to close the application itself.

You can disable these using a script, but that will take away your players' freedom to exit the game at any time they like.

Or you can do a force full screen to take away the close button and game icon only, so the player can still fast exit using alt + f4.
MeowFace, You know the Yanfly's Script which asks the user whether you overwrite on Save file or not...?

I want a script like that when you press the title Shutdown/Quit... I think that is proper to say it is for Script call(SceneManager.exit) exit rather than Application (RGSS Player) Exit.. And I think that I have already mention what was require.. even attaching a link to that Script..

That extra confirmation is for the player to really quit or not... See normally, the player can and will Shutdown the game by mistake once or twice.. And sometimes it might crash due to some BitMap Error or Unable to Dispose Sprite... Or something like that...

And I dont think that this script will counter / compatible with the Alt+F4... I know even that way will be easier and faster.. 

But I think elegant player will Quit and I would like them to ask whether really to quit or not by this script...

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
I want a script like that when you press the title Shutdown/Quit...
1st of all, your top post only mention that you want the safe check on shutdown command. so it can be the end scene called from the menu(which is being used the most in game). And as far as that design go, it can act as a safe check itself.

If you only want a safe check on the title scene, you should said so in your top post.

The script you attached has nothing to do with the title(it's galv's script, not yanfly's).

It's just a safe check for file saving in save file scene made compatible for yanfly save engine.

If you want a pop up box using the exact wordings or design, you should mention it in your top post.

Or simply provide a snapshot of it will do. Not all script writers are free or keen to go through other people's script to find out what it does.

And I dont think that this script will counter / compatible with the Alt+F4... I know even that way will be easier and faster.. 

But I think elegant player will Quit and I would like them to ask whether really to quit or not by this script...
As a veteran gamer myself, if there's a close button ready for clicking, i won't be spending those extra few seconds to go through the menu and call up the title/shut down scene to exit. The close button is there for a reason. And it has nothing to do with elegancy, rather efficiency. (that's why i suggest those 2 scripts, if you want to "force" your player to shutdown the game the "elegant" way)

The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you only want a safe check on the title scene, you should said so in your top post.
NO OFFENSE...

I had mentioned it as 

Request for Quitting (Shutdown) ConfirmationI had attached the script.. Because I want to show how would it be like/ look like...

I want a quit confirmation when you press the shutdown button on the Main Menu(TITLE SCREEN or when you directly Shutdown from Escape Menu)

I know that gamers, do that... But I just want the script simply for safety and I already mentioned something in my previous posts

That extra confirmation is for the player to really quit or not... See normally, the player can and will Shutdown the game by mistake once or twice.. And sometimes it might crash due to some BitMap Error or Unable to Dispose Sprite... Or something like that...
NO OFFENSE...

I just wanted a basic script like that and I did not ask anyone for the games' view...

Can someone else see this post for making one?

If not, this can be closed...

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
As i said before, you should edit and update your top post to reflect what you really want if you want to get someone interested to pick up the job.

There's no need for the attitude. Nor is anyone offended here. It's a friendly advise to get your tread noticed. Don't expect script writers to read through every thing other than the top post.

And like i said, it's best you provide a snapshot and not direct link to the script itself, not all script writer is keen to go through other people's script do see what it does.

As far as i can tell, the script you request for title safe check is easy to write. I might even make one for you but i am not going to spend time checking how Galv's script does the windows. If you provide a snapshot, to be honest, you have already gotten the script done ages ago.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello The Drake. Are you using the default title screen script ?

If not, paste your title screen script here. I may help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, Lecode.. No.. The scripts I am using in my game are mentioned in the Picuture....
I have already ask someone to create this script, here is the link:-

He said that due to Yanfly's System Options is not working properly...
It should be working like the 2nd ""Image Yes or No.png""
I need both of the script to work simultaneously.. 
Please do help to rectify/ edit the error
Cause with the Yanfly's System Option.. It does not open Yes/No Option... It directly Close...

Send This.png

Yes or No.png

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Insert it below yanfly's script:

Code:
#- By Lecodeclass Scene_System < Scene_MenuBase    alias lessshutconf_start start  def start    super    lessshutconf_start    create_shutdown_confirm_window  end    alias lessshutconf_create_command_window create_command_window  def create_command_window    lessshutconf_create_command_window    @command_window.set_handler(:shutdown, method(:command_prepare_shutdown))  end    def create_shutdown_confirm_window    @shutconfirm_window = Window_ShutdownConfirm.new    @shutconfirm_window.set_handler(:ok, method(:shutconfirm_ok))    @shutconfirm_window.set_handler(:cancel, method(:shutconfirm_cancel))  end    def command_prepare_shutdown    @shutconfirm_window.open    @shutconfirm_window.activate    @shutconfirm_window.select(1)  end    def shutconfirm_ok    @shutconfirm_window.close    command_shutdown  end    def shutconfirm_cancel    @shutconfirm_window.close    @command_window.activate  end  endclass Window_ShutdownConfirm < Window_Command  def initialize    super(get_x, get_y)    self.openness = 0  end    def get_x    Graphics.width/2 - window_width/2  end    def get_y    Graphics.height/2 - window_height/2  end   def window_width    return 160  end    def window_height    fitting_height(2)  end    def make_command_list    add_command("Yes", :ok)    add_command("No", :cancel)  end  end

The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lecode...
I inserted it under Yanfly's System Options Script:-
It does not work... meaning nothing comes/ pops...
I dont know what is wrong.. I mean there is no error...
But, it does not show the confirmation box...
Please check again..
Or Correct me, if I had done something wrong..

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Works well for me. You're doing something wrong.

The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry.. Got it to work..
But I actually wanted this, also for the Title Screen...?

Is it possible to make that too?

Taishiro13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I guess you could change the Scene_MenuBase to Scene_Title but I have yet to try the script myself so I'll just let you know if it works.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I decided to create reboots of my games on RPG Maker MV. I'm happy. :biggrin:
So, as i finish setting up my items for part 1 of my game, I realized I forgot to finalize an ENTIRE category of items. Know which ones? The Fallen Feathers....BTW my game is called "Fallen Feather"
and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
A new RPG Maker music pack is coming out soon! Below is a demo of one of the compositions in the pack, Heroic Battle. More details coming soon!

Trying to build a child-size body. Mostly happy with it except the sideview arms - can't get them to move quite right yet. Anyway, here's the work-in-progress, with an adult for size comparison.
ChildTest-01.gif

I started in VXAce and I liked how the kids flapped their arms so that's why it's just flapping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawbies