Request for Victorian Soldier VX Ace Char and Face please!

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by comedianmasta, Aug 14, 2019.

1. comedianmasta

comedianmasta Steampunk Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello artists.

Today I would like to request a resource to make my game look a little better. I have "soldiers" in the game but I've been getting comments they look too medieval, which is true. So I come to you and request that someone who has the time might consider helping me out.

Request: A Char sheet soldiers (More victorian/civil war-ey), And a VX Ace Face to go with it (Or Faces if you so wish)

RPG Maker: VX Ace

Description: See reference images. I only need one in theory, but getting a nice mixture of "soldier types" or even "officers and grunts" would be really nice. They do not need to be in combat. Just marching with a rifle will work for the game, maybe one with them holding the gun in a "ready" position similar to reference battler shown.

Stretch Goals: A VX Ace Face to go with it (Or Faces if you so wish). Face just needs to look the part with uniform top and hat brim.

Maybe multiple skin tones to diversify (would need faces with them). It is a steampunk world so female soldiers wouldn't be bad either. Maybe some with and without packs for "traveling" soldiers.

I will accept generator parts if they are already in the generator dimensions so I can through them in and go.

[​IMG]
    This is the "battler" my resident battler artist had made before he got too busy to help. This is good for showing the general uniform style we are going for with the "Soldier" for this fictional country of Antiford. A cross between a victorian-era soldier and a Civil War American Soldier.

Further Reference Images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who am I? I am the creator, designer, writer, and all around project lead of a game called Wild Araz which is for the website Citizens of Antiford.com to help show their world to interested parties. The game is almost complete and is in the final stages of development, so all art asset requests are to bring the art used more in-line with in world canon or quality of life improvements.

And the game this is for is available now! https://citizensofantiford.itch.io/wild-araz
    Terms: Although I need use of these assets for the game, I would like for anything made for this request to still be available for the RPG maker community who has helped and supported me throughout this process. if you, the artist, have any additional terms of use (including the name you want credited) please include that with your final submission of the finished product.

Thank you and have a glorious day

Edit: I'll link to the game project so you know I'm serious:
    https://www.facebook.com/wildaraz/

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump

3. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump again. I'm going to pull back on my requests for a faceset as well. I'll accept a Char sheet and move face set to Stretch goal(s)

4. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump

5. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    -Bump-

6. GalacticGod

GalacticGod Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gave it a shot:

Victorian Soldier VX Ace.png

I used the battler, that your resident battler artist had made, as a template for the sprite. I don't think it is perfect but it was the best I am able to do. Hope this helps, :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    stramin likes this.
  7. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    OMG! That's so good! You did a great job.

Would it be too much to also request one without the mustache? If it's too much that's ok. But I love this.

Please let me know how you wish to be credited in the credits of the game. Thank you!

8. GalacticGod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah here you go!

Victorian Soldier VX Ace.png

I just made him with a mustache the first time because that's what the battler looked liked it had.

9. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No problem, thank you! Yeah, I made do with the face generator to try and match this and ended up making a "younger" soldier as well.

Hey, let me know if there's anything specific you want to be credited as, otherwise I'll just use @GalacticGod in the credits. Thank you!

10. GalacticGod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah GalacticGod is fine. Good Luck on your game man!