Would you like to see a complete and supported version of a FPLE plugin?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
For those of you who do not know, FPLE = First Person Labyrinth Explorer. An RPG style from classics like Wizardry, Bard's Tale, Might & Magic, Etrian Odyssey, etc.

I know that there is a plugin already but it has been abandoned and it is incomplete.

I'm just posting this just so the record shows that there's also a demand for this legitimate style of RPG.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, its a good idea, but remember that plug-in creators do this on their own time, so they can also leave at any point in time. Doing it any other way would require Degica to hire someone to make such a plug-in and then charge money for it, and it would probably not be cheap as such a plug-in is not easy to write. In fact, such a plug-in could easily cost more than the engine itself.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to mention, the FPLE plugin this thread mentions is obsolete.
The plugin is incompatible with current versions of babylon.js and it's very cpu inefficient, meaning it would be better to scrap the whole plugin and rewrite it... Perhaps in Three.js, which uses WebGL.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Well, its a good idea, but remember that plug-in creators do this on their own time, so they can also leave at any point in time. Doing it any other way would require Degica to hire someone to make such a plug-in and then charge money for it, and it would probably not be cheap as such a plug-in is not easy to write. In fact, such a plug-in could easily cost more than the engine itself.

My wallet is ready.

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting; someone should compile a list of all the third party libraries people want. And yea Three.js might be a better option.

Loki2020

Maestro
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
I would gladly pay someone to do this. I've wanted this for years.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BloodThroath