[Request] Modified Yanfly Party Limit Gauge

Jesstful

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if this is a tall order. I have had this mechanic in my head for a long time and am a really hoping to see it fully functional and working just like it does in my head.

The game I'm working on has a mechanic that works similarly to Limit Break, but kind of has a unique spin that isn't possible with any plugins I can find. (Yanfly Party Limit Gauge is what I've been using for now. It's the closest to the mechanic I have in my head. Feel free to modify that or make your own if you think that's a better idea. Apologies in advance for the wall of text.)
Link to Yanfly Party Limit Gauge: http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/06/yep-67-party-limit-gauge/

I would like to request that someone modify this script so:

• Rather than having actors be using the skills that draw from it, I want it to, at least as far as the player is concerned not seem to be used by any of the actors. This means the skills would be usable even when the entire party is stunned and unable to act.
  • I imagine the best way to do this is to have it so an invisible actor is solely dedicated to using them. It has to be impossible for the player to know the actor is even there without data mining or cheating/glitching. Neither enemies nor playable actors would be able to target them with anything, and even skills that hit all actors would be ignored. Anything that does attempt to hit them would miss, and not make a sound or anything to indicate anything. The game has 5 playable characters and a 4 party member limit. This invisible actor would be a fifth member in the party. There needs to be a way to change party members without being able to see or interact with the fifth slot. From the player's perspective, you can have 4 actors in your party, and there is nothing indicating there is anyone other than those 4 characters are in your party at a time. (Also, this secret actor's stats wouldn't affect the skills. It would mostly draw from non-stat or custom variables.)
  • So how do you use the skills? When at least one bar is full, a small image file will appear at the top-right of the screen. It would tell you to press a certain key. (I'm not sure exactly what key, so having it be customizable would be awesome.) Pressing the key would open the skill menu. (You'd probably get around 8-12 of these skills over the course of the game, though I don't have an exact number. You would get them through story events) You can press the key to open the menu at any time. It'll open immediately if you are just selecting actions for your party members. If you press the key while someone is preforming a skill, it will open after the skill has been executed and before the next actor/enemy acts. If you close it, they start their turn right away. If you click a skill, it will be executed on the spot, before moving onto whoever's turn is next. This means you can open the menu and execute skills at even between two enemy turns. (Note: I'm assuming this would be the most difficult to accomplish. It's actually one of the most integral parts of the mechanic in my head, so I apologize.)
  • Actually, a good comparison to this might be, if you know the Persona series well, the "navigator" characters from the 3-5th Persona games. You can't control Fuuka/Rise/Futaba, they aren't physically present on the battlefield, and they really aren't really treated as "proper" party members, but they can do certain interactions. Fuuka is the best comparison, since she doesn't intervene at random times like the latter two, and her Oracle skill works similarly to the skills in this hypothetical mechanic. (You can probably find a video of her using it.) The difference is that rather than having the Protagonist use his turn to tell her to use it, it would be accessible through the the means described above.

If there's something I accidentally didn't make clear, a feature already in the script that lets me do one of these things already, or if you have any questions, feel free to reply. I have a very precise image in my head, so I want to convey it as well as I can. Let me know if you guys want me to throw together a simple visual of what it might look like and how it would work, if that would explain it better.

My game does have a lore-related reason for this mechanic, which is why I don't want to explain my reason for wanting it this mechanic and having it work way. I'm paranoid about people stealing the idea.

I have a strong hunch this is not something that would be easy to program, so thanks a ton to anyone who is willing to even try to do this.

Jesstful

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a rough visual of how the mechanic would work. Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!
Inside you are two wolves. They take in oxygen while getting rid of the Co2 gas in your body...
Ah wait, sorry. Lungs. Not wolves. that'd be silly. Wolves are huge. You probably couldnt even fit one wolf inside you.
Tag: hack and slash | gameplay: point and click. Me: "How tf two are related to each other?"
I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cremo