Request: Pre-Title Screen Video

THEMagicMissile

Master Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for someone to make a script that would automatically play a video before the title screen appears, like in many JRPGs. You should probably be able to skip the video by pressing a button so that the player isn't forced to watch it every time. I remember seeing some stuff like this for Ace, but I haven't seen anything for MV yet.

Lucifurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
I saw something like in the new master plugin list. Video at title screen.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

THEMagicMissile

Master Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw that, but I believe that script puts a video as the background of the title screen as opposed to a still image. I'm looking for something that plays a video and then goes to the title screen.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi, perhaps you can create an event that will play a video?

And then use the plugin below to have it run before the title screen.

I haven't tested how videos will look since I can't seem to get the editor to recognize my mp4 videos...

However, I am not sure if you can SKIP the video.

You may need another plugin that will allow you to skip the video at the press of a button if it is not already built-in.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49528-pre-title-events/

Here's a sample video where I show and hide pictures along with some BGM to accomplish my pre-title screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^
Been updating my game's control scheme to optionally use a mouse. Now the player pixel moves towards the mouse destination, which looks super sweet with the sparkles. Also turns out I made a Mouse Common Event plugin at some point... Thanks past me. :LZSexcite: Now the mouse wheel cycles different forms, and the right mouse button activates that form's special. :LZScool:
Oh man the controls in Mario Sunshine are pretty awful and I haven't even witnessed the controls without FLUDD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MxMachine