Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'm trying to add options to my map room like turf indicators which highlight and area a colour to a faction.
So far I've accomplished this by having two tile set ID's with the same configurations except ID#1 has a colour overlay.

The option I want to give the player for map clarity is to be able to toggle on turf highlights through an event command via conditional branch but there is no option for checking if the map is currently using a tileset ID #.

If above isn't enough information, this screen cap may help get my point across.
Map075.png

If anyone can help me out ASAP i'd really appreciate the help.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
if ($gameMap.tileset().id == 1) {
$gameMap.changeTileset(2);
}

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just realized something, much like enemies and actor ID's there exists index number 0.

Does this also apply to map IDs?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just realized something, much like enemies and actor ID's there exists index number 0.

Does this also apply to map IDs?
Just to clarify, none of those have index number 0.

Index 0 for all of those categories will give you an undefined result (or null or some such) - data starts at entry 1, so that the index always matches the ID you see in the database.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the help everyone!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol
The feeling when you finally found and killed that one gamebreaker that you could not really grasp before.:kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snotery