NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there any Tactical Battle System Engine Script I can use for my game like Fire Emblem styled. I'm trying to find one but their dl links are outdated and abandoned.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
their dl links are outdated and abandoned
Which one's are you referring to. Some of us may have the files.
The closest gameplay to what your asking is a translation of a japanese demo I have and shared.
Let me find the link (there is a post with it)

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Which one's are you referring to. Some of us may have the files.
The closest gameplay to what your asking is a translation of a japanese demo I have and shared.
Let me find the link (there is a post with it)
I just simple searched on google "rpg maker vx ace tactical battle script" I have found one called "GubiD's Tactical Battle System" and his website doesn't work right now. BTW thanks for the script!! :D

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"GubiD's Tactical Battle System" and his website doesn't work right now.
I was just going to suggest that one. The thread here in the forum has a link I put up. It's near the end of the thread.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using Gubid's but it requires heavy modification to work adequately.
if you can code, do fix the updates of the interface first and foremost, it'll save you a lot of lag down the line.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using Gubid's but it requires heavy modification to work adequately.
if you can code, do fix the updates of the interface first and foremost, it'll save you a lot of lag down the line.
the Gubid one works fine but i need a whole documentation or tutorial of codes to make it work

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly that's normal. A tactical system is not plug and play in the engine as it is totally rewriting things. You'll have to learn some coding to make it work.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly that's normal. A tactical system is not plug and play in the engine as it is totally rewriting things. You'll have to learn some coding to make it work.
what kind? basic coding knowledge or advance? I just want to know how to setup enemy and player unit data like: move range, attack range, etc. simple stuff and also main objectives: kill all enemies, kill main boss, you know really basic and boring stuff on the engine. I'm avoiding complicated stuff like: advancing AI, 3d isometric (i dont really want this), idk etc....

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Both.

Nothing is 'easy' with coding. You'd be shocked how much it takes to code to do things we consider simple.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the Gubid one works fine but i need a whole documentation or tutorial of codes to make it work
I don't think one exists.
you gonna have to experiment, and plug the leaks as they appear.
that's why I point you towards the interface, it's one of the few things that's badly coded from the start and needs serious fixing.
the other being, the AI: it's sequential, it tries every combination one by one.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't think one exists.
you gonna have to experiment, and plug the leaks as they appear.
that's why I point you towards the interface, it's one of the few things that's badly coded from the start and needs serious fixing.
the other being, the AI: it's sequential, it tries every combination one by one.
yeah what I just really want for my game are adjusting the movement speed(since it's slow), and animations for player units when attacking instead of just reusing the overworld sprites. This is going to be whole lot of hardwork and pain

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raw2na