Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi all,

I've been using Bobstah's LevelUp Bonuses plugin but it has a small problem with Yanfly's Equip Core.

The problem: Bobstah's plugin prevents removing equipment when paired with Yanfly's Equip Core. Choosing "remove" from the equip menu does nothing and the equipment remains in place. Everything else works fine. When disabling Bobstah's plugin, removing equipment works normally again, so I can confirm it must be something with Bobstah's plugin. This still applies on a fresh project with no other plugins.

Unfortunately, it seems Bobstah is no longer active and I cannot ask them directly for help. So, here I am. I was wondering if anyone could fix the bug, or write a similar plugin. A similar one would not need as many features as Bobstah's does. All I require is simply to have certain equipment give permanent bonuses to certain stats when the wearer levels up, and for the changes to be reflected in Yanfly's VictoryAftermath (which Bobstah's plugin already does).

Some interesting notes that might help anyone interested in helping me:
Placing Bobstah's plugin underneath Equip Core gives an error when entering the equip menu. The error is below. It might help when trying to fix the conflict!
TypeError: Cannot read property '_itemId' of undefined
at Game_Actor.forceChangeEquip (BOB_LevelUpBonuses.js:1070)
at Window_EquipSlot.Window_EquipItem.updateHelp (rpg_windows.js:2505)
at Window_EquipSlot.updateHelp (YEP_EquipCore.js:700)
at Window_EquipSlot.Window_Selectable.callUpdateHelp (rpg_windows.js:1233)
at Window_EquipSlot.Window_Selectable.select (rpg_windows.js:797)
at Window_EquipSlot.Window_Selectable.reselect (rpg_windows.js:805)
at Window_EquipSlot.Window_Selectable.activate (rpg_windows.js:784)
at Scene_Equip.commandEquip (rpg_scenes.js:1481)
at Window_EquipCommand.Window_Selectable.callHandler (rpg_windows.js:902)
at Window_EquipCommand.Window_Command.callOkHandler (rpg_windows.js:1426)

Links to the plugins:
Bobstah's LevelUp Bonuses: Here
Yanfly's Equip Core: Here

All my Yanfly plugins are up to date.

Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi there!

Since I'm trying to learn JS right now I worked something out for you but since I'm a newb atm I'm not sure if it'll crash with any other function of the plugin only tested for your specific problem.

just let me know if something doesnt work out.

Btw your problem comes from the plugin alone, I've only fixed that one, I didnt work on the problem that appears if you place the BOB Plugin under Equip Core

Attachments

• BOB_LevelUpBonuses.js
    44.2 KB · Views: 4

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there!

Since I'm trying to learn JS right now I worked something out for you but since I'm a newb atm I'm not sure if it'll crash with any other function of the plugin only tested for your specific problem.

just let me know if something doesnt work out.

Btw your problem comes from the plugin alone, I've only fixed that one, I didnt work on the problem that appears if you place the BOB Plugin under Equip Core

I tried it with your update but it did not change anything. Equipment still can't be removed when used with Yanfly's Equip Core :(
(I tested on both my game project and an empty dummy project with no other plugins).

Just another note: equipment can still be replaced with each other. It's just removing them that's the problem.

Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Alright thats weird, you mean the "Remove" Equipment Option right? You put the BOB Plugin above Yanfly's Plugin in a new Project with no other plugin? I worked for me ... do you use any other Plugins that could mess with that function?

Do you try to remove only a weapon? Because I think yanfly's Plugin doesnt allow to remove the weapon

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Alright thats weird, you mean the "Remove" Equipment Option right? You put the BOB Plugin above Yanfly's Plugin in a new Project with no other plugin? I worked for me ... do you use any other Plugins that could mess with that function?

Do you try to remove only a weapon? Because I think yanfly's Plugin doesnt allow to remove the weapon
Yes, the "Remove" and "Clear" functions both don't work, on any equipment, weapons or armour. I'm using a blank project to test it in with no other plugins, just Harold and the default database. Bob's plugin is placed above Yanfly's, and Yanfly's Equip Core is updated (1.17).

Could it have something to do with the RMMV version? I'm at version 1.5.2 RMMV and all my projects are also 1.5.2. Perhaps there is something in Bob's plugin that no longer works because of this, especially since his plugin was last updated more than 2 years ago ...

EDIT: On second thought, I'm gonna try and see if there's another of Yanfly's plugins that conflict with these two. I'll be back after some more testing.

EDIT2: Yep, just made another blank dummy project to test it in, version 1.5.2. Still does not work :(

Last edited:

Fitferfer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I had the same problem; even in a fresh scene with just BoB's plugin on the Optimize and Empty settings did nothing.

Did some troubleshooting, and fixed the issue up, as well as having it still be compatible with Yanfly's Equip Core!

I haven't tested extensively, but it did still allow for bonuses from equipment at level up, as well as having the bonus go away if un-equipped for future level ups.

Here ya go- hope it helps someone else in the future.

Attachments

• BOB_LevelUpBonuses.js
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kickstarter successful!! I'm gonna have a Hot GameDev Summer in the trenches!
Me and my friend got into one of our usual discussions after I reccomended him a game, and I remember the last time we had a discussion like that, he disabled his FA account. This time, I found myself constantly checking my friends account hoping it wouldn't happen again. ...But it didn't.

The thing is... I just can't lie about my feelings, sometimes. :(
COMBAT:

Finally showing combat in my game. The lighting system I'm currently using doesn't transfer over into combat, but I am hoping to find a new one soon... or an update for the one I'm using. The plan is to make combat less bright, though. You'll want to click the video link below and visit YT for audio.
Huge thanks to D757 Gaming for his stream, impressions and review of my game, please check him out!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd quarter annual Drifty jam! I'm always so impressed with the games people make! This time our winner dominated both categories!
jamWinners2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imthemudman