Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I want a plugin which makes RMMZ only use left-right sprites on maps instead of down-left-right-up sprites while still let players move up-down, but when they move to up or down, they still look at the same direction.

Such function should be enabled/disabled by switch ON/OFF, so this feature would be enabled only on certain maps, and when ON, it uses a different character set, with "_side" suffix on the filename for example.

I've looked if someone already made a similar plugin but no success.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This has been requested several times in the past, but I don't remember for whichmakers it has been solved and for which not. If you found several topics without a solution then ok - but if you really found nothing then you probably used the wrong search terms.

That said, I know that some of those people settled for a non-plugin version that is only slightly less comfortable:
simply exchange the animation rows on the sprite.
This will result the sprite going up always looking right and the one going down always looking left (or the other way depending on what you changed), but it will work without plugin and you only have to change the sprite back to the regular one to switch it off.

Mercedes90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Correct me if I misunderstood this, but as I've learned, you could edit the character sprite sheet and make various edited copies of the same one depending on what you want to happen.​
(But if you find a plugin for it, the better.)​

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eamon_Dev-Alera