Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I want a plugin which makes RMMZ only use left-right sprites on maps instead of down-left-right-up sprites while still let players move up-down, but when they move to up or down, they still look at the same direction.

Such function should be enabled/disabled by switch ON/OFF, so this feature would be enabled only on certain maps, and when ON, it uses a different character set, with "_side" suffix on the filename for example.

I've looked if someone already made a similar plugin but no success.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This has been requested several times in the past, but I don't remember for whichmakers it has been solved and for which not. If you found several topics without a solution then ok - but if you really found nothing then you probably used the wrong search terms.

That said, I know that some of those people settled for a non-plugin version that is only slightly less comfortable:
simply exchange the animation rows on the sprite.
This will result the sprite going up always looking right and the one going down always looking left (or the other way depending on what you changed), but it will work without plugin and you only have to change the sprite back to the regular one to switch it off.

Mercedes90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Correct me if I misunderstood this, but as I've learned, you could edit the character sprite sheet and make various edited copies of the same one depending on what you want to happen.​
(But if you find a plugin for it, the better.)​

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowking1901