Requesting a compatibility patch for Yanfly's skill restriction script and ATB/Stamina Based Battle

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fomar0153's ATB/stamina script

Yanfly's Skill restrictions script

I'm no expert scripter but based on what I can tell, these two are overwriting the same methods and it's a wonder my game hasn't flung up a script error yet because they are both installed.

Basically as it stands, due to how both of these scripts are coded, skill cooldown counters won't update properly in battle.(As in if the skill has a cooldown of 5, it won't count down at all to zero, it just remains at 5 which leaves the skill unusable after its used once)

All I'm asking for is someone to create a patch that will allow yanfly's script to update its cooldown counters on skills. Nothing more, nothing less.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I looked at the two scripts, and I think if you move Formar's script above Yanflys that should fix the problem. Yanfly has all aliased or new methods, and Formar has the oeverwitten methods. Try that and see what happens.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No dice, same result. :(

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm...ok, I had no luck finding the conflict. Formar only overwrites the update command at the start of the turn that I could see, chances are it is somehow related to that. However, I didn't see where Yanfly's skill restrictions called update....I'll poke at it, but my scripting knowledge (especially with battle systems) is mostly limited to seeing if they will play nice together and occasionally one line edits to make it behave better in my game.

Do you have any other scripts at all? Anything that calls that update method Formar called might cause the issue (Yanfly Battle engine by chance?).

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yep, I use yanfly battle engine. is that a cause?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep. Both Yanlfy and Formar overwrote on_turn_end it appears, and Formar's script is getting priority, so the cooldowns are not processing.

Try this and see if it works. I can't actually test it at the moment, but it does compile correctly at least. All I did was merge the two update commands from the battle engines into one function (using Formar's version as a base, as I assume you have Yanfly battle engine then Formar's script?), and copy/pasted the update cooldown line. Put it last in your scripts.

http://pastebin.com/vKH76bLj

If you had it Formar then Yanfly's battle engine, it will be a quick edit to make it match your old behavior, just let me know.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nope, not working. >.<

Edit: Would yanfly's battle symphony have any effect on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Probably. I don't use battle symphony myself, so no idea. But anything that has any effect on the battle system is probably going to affect this, so you are going to need a patch to make *all* of them play nice.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I found out that by pasting

$game_party.update_restrictions$game_troop.update_restrictionsinto your patch caused it to refresh the skill but the problem is that it makes it as if the cooldowns were never applied so that didn't work. :/

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm....Afraid I'm stumped at this point on how to get all of them to play nice. Anyone else out there got an idea?

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
AH-HA! I did a bit of searching a found an easy fix on an OLD PAGE the script existed on a third party site

Turns out adding:

@subject.update_cooldowns

Right after a given line fixed it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.
I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration aspect is pretty strong and the writing is passable.

The game auto-saves and offers an option to turn back just before each major combat, and immediately brings the player back to the last position saved when there's a TPK. Convenient at the very least.
This is Krizzirk Toeuia Aeslan, I'm picking up transmission. Draftwingeds on, duty on, exhaust ready. 310 Immulicationsers approaching. I'll take the cake and----hold it!!! My Cosvere Radar detected 3001 of them!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TigerJazz