Requesting a Logo for my Game "Orbis"

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by cthulhu135, Mar 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cthulhu135

cthulhu135 Child of Orbis Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, dear people!  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a logo for my first game, called "Orbis".

My only requirements are that:

a: It says "Orbis" (duh)

b: The logo is preferably red or blue (however, if you think it would look better in a different color, go for it!)

c: Keep in mind that the game takes place in a (mostly, hint hint, nudge nudge) fantasy setting.

d: It uses the Final Fantasy-esque method of incorporating an important game event into the logo, specifically this one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B__qLvcU8AAgWSV.png:large

...Which, since it's nearly impossible to tell, is a castle being destroyed by an Independence Day-esque Doom Laser (the game is rather WIP, if you couldn't tell)

Other than that, whoever wants to take up this project can go nuts.

Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts this!

2. TygerBurnz

TygerBurnz Crouching Monkey, Hidden Trickster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Would you consider something less literal that incorporated the ideas in the event? Representational can be hard.

HEr's an early concept sketch i did last night: [​IMG]

Of course it has too many colors, but some of the ideas might work, for example, the letter I being a pillar of fire to represent your ray of destruction: [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  3. cthulhu135

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In-universe, it's the name of the planet the game takes place on, but it's admittedly just a cool sounding name (for now, anyway...). However, if you do need more inspiration, the working title for the game was "Lights of Caelum"(changed due to being rather spoilerific), with said Caelum being crudely represented in this concept art, where you will also see why I'm having other people do the artwork :p

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MdIJxxPIAlT3NTV1BiNW5WY3M/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps at least a tiny bit!

4. cthulhu135

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey!  Sorry for taking so long to reply, my internet died yesterday, but it's apparently fine now.  I've seen both pictures, and this is what I think:

I definitely like that second logo (posted here, for those viewing this thread: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAN10doVEAAvNxj.png) .  Good job!

There is going to be a little bit of sci-fi / future stuff in the game, mainly near the end, so if you can incorporate a very subtle amount of that into the logo, that'd be great.

Also, it was apparently never approved by a mod (darn newbie restrictions...) (Edit: Never Mind, it got posted), but I posted a piece of concept art of my own showing that, when I was talking about incorporating that event into the logo, I was talking less about the destroyed castle and more about the doom-laser causing it, so keep that in mind if you make another version of the logo.  This isn't the same art, but it depicts the same thing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MdIJxxPIAlRmFTRE5tLThvZk0/view?usp=sharing (if you want to know, the picture depicts the destruction being viewed by a bunch of poorly-drawn soldiers halfway across the world)

Another thing to add is that, when I say a doom laser destroys the castle (along with the entire continent the castle is on), I quite literally mean a doom laser, due to the aforementioned sci-fi elements.

Other than that, the work you're doing is great, so far!  Honestly, if you were to not want to take another go at the logo, then I'd be perfectly content with your current version.  Thank you!

PS:  Sorry if my standards are a bit crazy, I just want an awesome and unique logo to wow people with :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  5. TygerBurnz

TygerBurnz Crouching Monkey, Hidden Trickster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    FYI, people, after some discussion with Cthu here we ended up with the following : [​IMG]

(And yes, I know the words are slightly off-center; we decided to leave them that way.)

6. cthulhu135

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks again!  The mods can lock this now.