RMMV Requesting a plugin to show picture after skill, but before target selection, during battle

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, this is pursuant to this thread where @Andar convinced me to seek out a compact, targeted plugin to do what I'm hoping for.

I'd love to be able to show an image in battle AFTER a skill (such as heal) has been selected, but before the target has been chosen. Here is how (ideally) the flow would proceed:

1) Choose "heal"

2) Image is shown that says "heal"

3) Choose target

4) Another image is shown next to "heal" displaying "--> [target]"

5) After 60 frames, the images disappear (or fade), then the skill completes

It seems tricky to me, but I wonder if someone might consider this to be not too big a deal, and worth their time. To me the upside seems pretty strong -- so many modern games do work this way, where they "keep track" of the skills being selected visually. I've always been kind of dismayed that in RPGM, the default behavior is to have a skill selected, then what you selected is lost to history. I'd love to visually track the progression of skill selection during battle.

Thanks!!! :LZSsmile: :LZSjoy: :LZSsmile:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiiro1