Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Need a "State Script" that activates when the character with the state is attacked.

Here is the mechanic:

>Caster curses an enemy with stun, not just stun effect...

...when the stunned enemy is attacked, it will deal pure damage to the enemy who has the stun state.

KABOOM! He dies,....

just as planned

...so basically, just like "Thorn Bind Hostage" effect.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You don't need a script if it's just one skill which will do this.

Create your state - let's call it Cursed chains with the ID of 43 for the sake of argument which is inflicted with the skill Curse.

In the damage formula for the skill which will take advantage of this state you have

[SIZE=10.5pt]b.state?(43)? b.add_state(1) :normal_attack_formula_here[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]That is saying - if state 43 is present, add state 1 (death), if not do this normal damage, or whatever you want to happen if the state is not inflicted.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If you wanted to combine the skill Curse with the damage dealing skill, it would be[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]b.state?43)? b.add_state(1) : b.add_state(43)[/SIZE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying our Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zetheir