zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if anyone was aware of exactly how to request a motion from a sideview battler using a state. I was wanting to use something other than Abnormal. I saw code for plugin using guard as the motion during a state. I tried something along those lines of wording and it didn't work. I know I'd need target.requestMotion('whatever motion I'm using') based on what I've seen. but I have no idea what else I need.

And Yeah I'm aware I need Yanfly's Buff and States Core for this. if anyone has anything info that can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful...

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You want to go in the right direction as opposed to the left direction? Hold out your right hand to your side, it will point the way!

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok, so I have one more question concerning this matter. is there a way to override the walk motion when in a state? basically I want to use my skill motion as a jump frame. and when I tested it out, it worked... except for when it was time to choose the actor's attack. they went into their walk motion. but if I say, went back to the party command, they'd be in the state motion. BUT I'm also wondering if this is because I'm using YED_Sideview Battler... I don't think I remember that happening with normal setups. but I need it for the custom motions.

long story short tho... can I say, use Javascript to have skill be the requested motion in this situation if the user is in a "jump" state? basically to override walk/idle

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually... after scouring through plugins, it's actually Yanfly's Battle Core that seems to have the walk/idle override whatever else is going on, including any motions caused by states, ie abnormal or sleeping, or in this case whatever you're choosing through the Visual State Effects plugin. I'm curious, does anyone know how to either undo that so it acts as normal (basically how it would act on default without any plugins) or how to get states to show regardless? It'd be a huge help... I've tried to change a few things myself, but nothing happens. any help would be appreciated and thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sipangkar