Requesting Sprite Based Off a Picture I Made.

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there fellow RPG Makers! I am hereby requesting a commercial use sprite based off the picture in the attachments. (The picture is copyrighted by me)

Little Cube.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Flashback to a memory of a block escaping the bounds of a game level. "I'm free!"*

Would the... err... character be a block, or a flat square? Any particular colors, and with that expression?

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For it's shape... uhh, you can decide; whatever is easier.  The guy is black and white, like in the pic, and yes, with the expression.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have two ideas that you might like, I'll reply later with it.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
http://sta.sh/02gex12sg4u9

Okay, this is a basic idea, I'm using one of my sprites for size comparison. I've tested it and it looks good enough, forced perspective can be a bit tricky. This is supposed to be a more 'boxy' sprite (I'll mess with it a bit more to see if I can make it look really good.) The other idea I had was more of a two-dimensional paper-like creature, with a single line when facing left in right (face and back showing alternately as it walks) with the front and back being a large 'square'.

(Hopefully the link works, because I have no idea how you attach a thumbnail.)

(Updated link for slight change in design.)

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks great! But I would I think ill wait until you mess around a bit with it. Also, I'm actually making a side-scroller game, and the users will see mostly the side of him. If you could make it so the sides have half of the characters face on them, as if you were looking at the side of a human, that would be great.  :)

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would have been nice to know that from the get go...

Question: Is this game made with VX Ace, or a different maker?

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VX Ace

I know sidescroller s are hard on it, but its worth a try

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, this is a fairly difficult task you're setting up, and I'm not exactly a skilled spriter, You could use the sprite I made as a base for you to experiment with, or you could use it. I am, however, uncertain as to how I could make this. In any case, you can use the sprite however you want, the left-right thing wasn't fully done, I was thinking of making it more cubic, giving it a top to make it more 3d, but as it is, it could potentially work for a side scroller.

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yep. I will edit it. Thank you soooooo much by the way. You helped so much.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad I could help, and I hope your game makes lots and lots of money.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minedude209