Tsunar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im looking for a plugin that makes a skill require a state to be used, for example if I want to use Burning Blade, the battler who uses it needs to be Burning before the skill can activate. Does anyone know any plugins that can preform this feat?

Thank you in advance

DepressedHarold

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I just saw that your request is for RPGMaker MZ, but my code was for MV. So it is not usable for you. Sorry about that

I used YEP_SkillCore for this.

This is what I put in the note section of the skill:

Code:
<Custom Requirement>
 if (user.isStateAffected(20)) {
   value = true;
 } else {
   value = false;
 }
</Custom Requirement>

20 is the number of the state required for the skill to work, you would have to replace it with the id of your state of course.

Last edited:

Tsunar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem, thanks for trying to help =D
Edit: I just saw that your request is for RPGMaker MZ, but my code was for MV. So it is not usable for you. Sorry about that

I used YEP_SkillCore for this.

This is what I put in the note section of the skill:

Code:
<Custom Requirement>
 if (user.isStateAffected(20)) {
   value = true;
 } else {
   value = false;
 }
</Custom Requirement>

20 is the number of the state required for the skill to work, you would have to replace it with the id of your state of course.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No problem, thanks for trying to help =D
Actually his/her solution will work just fine if you use YEP_SkillCore along with FOSSIL.

Otherwise, YEP_SkillCore actually *has* been officially ported to MZ, and it is now part of VisuStella's Skills and States Core. However, the note tag code would change slightly to this:

Code:
<JS Skill Enable>
enabled = user.isStateAffected(20);
</JS Skill Enable>

Tsunar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually his/her solution will work just fine if you use YEP_SkillCore along with FOSSIL.

Otherwise, YEP_SkillCore actually *has* been officially ported to MZ, and it is now part of VisuStella's Skills and States Core. However, the note tag code would change slightly to this:

Code:
<JS Skill Enable>
enabled = user.isStateAffected(20);
</JS Skill Enable>
OML THANK YOU SO MUCH! =D

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No problem. And it's probably obvious, but I guess I shoulda made it clear just to be safe, in enabled = user.isStateAffected(20);, you gotta change the number 20 to be the ID of the State in question.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cypherian