requirements to play a game from rpg maker mv?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by jakr8911, Jul 18, 2019.

1. jakr8911

jakr8911 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I want to send a game to someone via online, but first is there any requirement to play a game that develop with rpg maker mv? Like a third party app, You know like diretcX or vcredist that you get from steam, i know one of them is WebGL, but sre there any other things that I need to play a game from rpg maker? Just to be save you know

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @jakr8911 As far as I am aware of, no. I've gotten my RMMV games to run on my other computers apart from the source one, and it still works. Plus, I have never even heard of some of those until today.

3. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MV games are just in HTML 5, and should work on any browser version from the last ~5 years at least. You do need to use the deployment process to pack everything up, though.

fugahagen likes this.
  4. jakr8911

jakr8911 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I dont want to play it on browser tho, so there is no need of any thrid party app if i want to play it like a regular video games?

5. flynnmichael81

flynnmichael81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The simple answer is no. Games made with MV should work on the machine you deployed it for. However, there are certain plugins which require the use of redistrubutables: these always make you aware of that though.

If this helps: when I distribute games through Steam, I include none if the optional redistributables.

6. jakr8911

jakr8911 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Ok just to be safe, should I put the redistrubutables in the game folder? Because i use a lot of plugins and too lazy to see what are the requirements for the plugin to go. I know one plugin and it need WebGl, that one plugin is the cause why am I asking this. Better yet what are the usual third party app to use on a plugin? Like for example that WebGL

I'm sorry, I know I'm to stubborn to find an answer, this game is a suprise game for someone special and I want it to be perfect

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  7. flynnmichael81

flynnmichael81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can't answer the question without knowing what plugins you use. Even then I'd have to read through their information to find out.

I imagine your probably fine to just send it, tbh.

8. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    WebGL isn't a third party application, it's a library for doing graphics that comes with the browsers.
    WebGL 1 is supported by basically every browser (even IE 11). WebGL 2.0 is supported by Chrome and Firefox (https://caniuse.com/#feat=webgl2). The browser that is used for a desktop export from MV (it's called NW.js) is based on Chrome, so it supports it.

That's all more technical than you need to know.

If you export the game for Windows, it'll work on Windows. If you export the game for Mac, it'll work on Mac (you must have a Mac to create a Mac export).