Reserve Party Size

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by antega34, Dec 12, 2016.

1. antega34

antega34 Anthony Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey everyone! I'm currently trying to figure out a method to have a overall party size of 10 with 4 party members that can battle, 6 reserves, and a bunch more (34 in my case haha) that are recruited but do not tag a long with the party in a sort of storage or guild place, ala Pokemon's pc storage system. I know yanfly's party system allows you to do something close to this but the problem is that it would only allow 4 party members to follow you (at least to my knowledge) and I would like it to be 10 and the rest in reserves. Also to be clear I am not asking for 10 party members in battle, rather 4 in battle and the others as reserve party members that would gain exp while the other actors in the storage would not, but could be later switched out. Hope this isn't to confusing, please let me know and I will be sure to clear anything up, and thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help!

tl;dr: I am looking for a way to replicate something similar to the Pokemon storage system to hold the other party members while you travel with 10 and fight with 4 in battle.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no need for a plugin, you can easily do this by pure eventing.

assign a variable to store current party size.

On each NPC asking to join, check if that variable is smaller than 10 - if yes, have the actor join, if not set a flag to "available" to make that NPC available at your base

On that base, have one event for each actor asking to join or stay at the base (or be empty if the actor has not yet been found

3. antega34

antega34 Anthony Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Alright thank you!

Still trying to figure out how to use variables but will try and see if I can do it correctly, thanks! 

4. antega34

antega34 Anthony Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just to be clear would it be something like;

[Control variables --> Single (using 001 and calling it party size for mine) ---> Operation to Set ---> Game Data to Party Members] then use a conditional (else) branch to state if variable (party size) equal to or less than 10, add said party member(s), else something like a message saying your party is already full.

Would this work?

EDIT: Sorry forgot i shouldn't double post!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016