Reserve Party Size

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone! I'm currently trying to figure out a method to have a overall party size of 10 with 4 party members that can battle, 6 reserves, and a bunch more (34 in my case haha) that are recruited but do not tag a long with the party in a sort of storage or guild place, ala Pokemon's pc storage system. I know yanfly's party system allows you to do something close to this but the problem is that it would only allow 4 party members to follow you (at least to my knowledge) and I would like it to be 10 and the rest in reserves. Also to be clear I am not asking for 10 party members in battle, rather 4 in battle and the others as reserve party members that would gain exp while the other actors in the storage would not, but could be later switched out. Hope this isn't to confusing, please let me know and I will be sure to clear anything up, and thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help!

tl;dr: I am looking for a way to replicate something similar to the Pokemon storage system to hold the other party members while you travel with 10 and fight with 4 in battle.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no need for a plugin, you can easily do this by pure eventing.

assign a variable to store current party size.

On each NPC asking to join, check if that variable is smaller than 10 - if yes, have the actor join, if not set a flag to "available" to make that NPC available at your base

On that base, have one event for each actor asking to join or stay at the base (or be empty if the actor has not yet been found

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright thank you!

Still trying to figure out how to use variables but will try and see if I can do it correctly, thanks! 

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just to be clear would it be something like;

[Control variables --> Single (using 001 and calling it party size for mine) ---> Operation to Set ---> Game Data to Party Members] then use a conditional (else) branch to state if variable (party size) equal to or less than 10, add said party member(s), else something like a message saying your party is already full.

Would this work?

EDIT: Sorry forgot i shouldn't double post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Every RPG and MMO should let you transmog\glamour your gear so you can look the way you want.
So, to clear up things, this section is to speak about personal life stuff and such? or maybe upload game content?
excerpt from my game FW: WHAT?! You want me to shear sheep? I had servants, who had servants, that had servants that did peasants work. Vincent: Do you see any of your servants here? FW: Well... no. Of course not. Vincent: Then get to work.
The dumbest mechanic I just encountered today : boss recovers 10% HP when a party member is KO-ed, who thinks this is a great idea again...?
Apparently my brain took a holiday today, so far I've stared blankly at the maker for 3 hours. Duuuuuuuuh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardkimnyc