Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Everyone,

I need help with some eventing. I'm creating a Pokemon like battle system. So far I've been I've been able to switch characters, switch characters after death in battle. My last hurdle is capping the main party at 6.
My idea is if character count > 6 then send excess character to a storage. I've been able to create the variable and conditional branch, however I don't know how send the character to storage.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
all characters are always in storage, so to speak.
you always pick the fighting set, out of the available actors.

if you want to limit the selectable party at the main menu, you have to edit the interface with a plugin.

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I figured as much. I'm using the Yanfly party manager plugin. I believe there is HIME plugin that has what I need but not sure if both plugins won't play nice with each other. I guess I'll have to experiment and see.

Ateliae

Defying Gravity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It could be interesting. How developed would these characters be gameplay wise is a big thing. Would you make the player level them all up because they all have a “place” in certain fights or is it like Pokémon where you can use whoever you want?

Are all these characters tied to the story or will it be random recruitment?

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't given to much thought to the lore and story... Yet. I've been focused on the mechanics of the game. Right now the character names are Person_1, Person_2, Person_3, etc. I have assigned types like Pokemon. I'm debating about ditching the whole level system entirely to add some strategy to the game. However, the battle system is much live Pokemon. Right now my struggle is creating a reserve party system to cap the amount of characters you can have a one time.

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked at monster storage. It does work, if you're using the Yanfly party manager plugin you have to tweak it a bit to make it work with a common event. Long story short, it only shows the character sprite not the character status. HIME plugin works but it's really buggy and prone to crashes. I might have to go out and commission the plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YKJordan