PlayBoyMan

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I having an issue with the doors on a map for my game.

When you leave one map to go to another (Door Event, transfer player), and you head back to the last map, the doors are closed. 

In this map, to save time and space, The sections are all on one large map, and the user teleports to different parts of that map.

My issue is that when I move back to those other areas, the doors I went through before remain open, and I need them closed.

My question is, can I reset the door event to it's unopened state?

Here is a look of the map that I am working on.

PS. If none of this makes little sense or is hard to follow, my apologies. It's late at night as I wrote this, and I'm dead tired.

Map023.png

Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You could you add a movement rout in reverse order after you transfer the player, would then look like the door is closing when you are through it.
So something like this =>

zyu2Ewv.png

Lestroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello,

of course you can 'reset' the door :) Just place a Movement Route after the transfer for This Event (the door) to Turn Down. Provided that you used the Quick Event Creation.

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the player can see the door they just travelled through after transferring, and there is no fadeout, then Fuchsilein's answer would work best.  If the player can't see the door, or there is fadeout, then Lestroth's would be.

PlayBoyMan

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lestroth's solution worked! Thank you. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL.
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyo