Quite.Toxick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
So the MVFU works wonders when it comes to converting tiles from Ace to MV, much better than any attempt I made in Photoshop.

Converted Ace character sprites, however, retain a rather thick outline, often two or three pixels wide, which of course is due to the original sprite, and have a grey aura around them. 

Rescaling in Photoshop (first up to 3072 px, then down to 576 px, both times with "nearest neighbor") creates quite blocky sprites with less detail, but no aura…

The MV sprites seem so much smother and have one-pixel outlines, that having them appear next to each other in a game won't really work.

Example.png

Example2.png

Is there another way?

If anyone has some experience in that area, I would be very glad for some shared insight  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheodoricThaGood