Resizing face sets.

ScarletHarbringer

Wandering Swordsman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello fellow game makers and developers. How would I go about resizing a face set from RPG Maker VX Ace to MV? I have GIMP but what do I specifically do?

Please break it down step by step. Your help will be very appreciate guys.  :)  (Check this video out to see what I mean) 

Last edited by a moderator:

Reese

Wretched Art Prince
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can try Waifu2x ^_^ Waifu2x multiplies the image size twice and doesnt hurt the quality. After resizing and download it, make sure you have paint.net or paint tool SAI, you can resize it down to 75% to make it fit the RPG Maker MV frames :D

Click me for the Waifu2x image size twice multiplier

Enjoy ^_^

[EDIT]

If you don't have time to download either of those 2 softwares I mentioned

You can try this other Waifu2x resizer

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are several topic on this already, where people give different description based on different programs and results. You might want to search for them and compare the methods and their results, because different people like different results.

To explain that:

The problem here is that the resize requires the image program to create new data - it's 150% resize, which means that two pixels from the original become three pixels in MV. And different methods result in different colors for the new pixel (take the color from the left pixel to the middle pixel, or from the right pixel, or make the middle pixel a color mix of both, or whatever).

That said, basically all you have to do is looking for a command that is called "resize picture" or "set picture size" or "picture properties" something like this - I can't tell you how it is named in GIMP in english because I don't use that program and have my Photoshop in German.

That command will open a window where you can enter a scale for resizing (and in better programs also select between different mathematical formulae for recalculating the resize, see comment in first part). This needs to be set to 150% for both horizontal and vertical.

That should be all, but as said the result will vary depending on what method was set for resizing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189