Resizing the Name Box in Yanfly's Message Core

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Hyreal, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello I've been looking around for awhile now and can't find any related topic to this so I will try my luck and ask.

I'm wondering how to increase or decrease the size of the Name Window that appears when using Yanflys Message Core Plugin. I don't want to change the Text Size, I want to change the size of the window itself.

There are plugin commands for the Message Window to do this but nothing that effects the Name Window.
    The reason for this is that the window itself is huge and the characters names are rather small so the rest of the box takes up so much unnecessary space on the screen. 

I tried a couple work around options like making things transparent and using X/Y buffers but i'm not happy with any of the results. I read all the help files and there is nothing. I feel like i'm missing something very simple though. So any help on this would be great.

Name Box.png

2. Cheah Hsun Teik

Cheah Hsun Teik plugin fixer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am also a beginner ,so I am not sure,but I think you can enter the project folder and in the  data folder (I think) in the plugin folder,find the code in the this plugin that alter the size of the name box and change the height and length value.

Note:I am not sure because I haven't download this plugin yet ,just trying to help.☺

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2016
  3. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks I will give this a shot, I also found out after posting this that the Plugin has a Namebox padding setting that you can change the value off..... I knew I was missing something simple...

Though your idea is still worth a look.