Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Resolution Selection
By Dekita and Venka​
 ​
Description:

This script allows you to pick which resolution you'd like to play the game in. The first time you run a game it will ask you to select a resolution. It will save your selection in the Game.ini file so you never have to select it again. You can still change the resolution while on the Title Screen if you want to. This script was written for the High Res project. The link to the High Res project was close and removed and I haven't been able to find the new link to it. It will work even without the high res dll, however you will not be able to select any resolutions about 640x480. You can select the resolutions that the player can choose from and name them. This script will also work in play tests and battle play tests.

Update: You can now set graphics to display based on the resolution. So you could use the default file for the Title screen when in the default resolution, or display a different title screen for each resolution set up in the script. No more dealing with stretched images or black space around your images. The file's name will need to be the same for all resolutions, just the files location will change. See the screenshot for an example:

NOTE: You don't have to use the image portion of the script if you don't want to. If it doesn't file a file in the resolution sized folder, it was use the default file. There may be some compatibility issues if your image files aren't normally found in the "Graphics" folder. It won't break the script, it just isn't set up to handle images outside of the Graphics folder.

This script was submitted for the Community DLC that you can pick up for free from here or on Steam. I'm opening this thread for any support issues for this script.

Script:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5idrcg67s2goklx/ResolutionSelection.txt?dl=0

This is a plug and play script and doesn't need a demo.

Screenshots:

res1.png

res2.png
Terms of Use:

This script can be use in both commercial and non-commercial games.
Credit must be given to Dekita and Venka.

Known Issues:

- There are some compatibly issues with Mouse scripts.

- It's possible you will get an "RGSS Player stoped working." if the user's graphics card doesn't support the desired resolution!! Keep this in mind when picking a default resolution for the first time the game starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks pretty nice. This is definitely something that RPGMaker needed, as resolution options in games should be mandatory within Option Menus. (along with other PC game option staples like Keybinds, graphical settings, preference settings, colorblind, etc.)

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's super usefull and allready using it. Thank you for the great work. <3

Only one problem / suggestion I have, because the Title, Battleback and some Enemies would be super small in higher resolutions.
So I'm asking about adding an option to load graphics specific to their resolution size. (\s/)

Some thing I found out, how to fix it. But some of these things are impossible to do without editing the script, I guess. /)

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry was busy finishing up a script for a project and switching to a new laptop. I'll see if I can write a script that will do what you want. Would you prefer having set graphics that you can set by the resolutions.. like if 640x480 is on then use that set of graphics, if 1024x768 then use set b.. etc? Or I could just stretch the graphics which might not always look as great, but will reduce your project's size?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry was busy finishing up a script for a project and switching to a new laptop. I'll see if I can write a script that will do what you want. Would you prefer having set graphics that you can set by the resolutions.. like if 640x480 is on then use that set of graphics, if 1024x768 then use set b.. etc? Or I could just stretch the graphics which might not always look as great, but will reduce your project's size?
both could be useful! 

but stretching the graphics will reduce grandly  the quality! 

so I suggest to use a method  who permit to load a specific asset for each resolution! 

a method who cold be useful !

def self.battler(filename,index,hue)load_bitmap("Graphics/Battler/Resolution + index.to_s")endI know they can have error xD but this seem a pretty legit way to make this?

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
nah was going to go simpler and just do folders.. all files named the same but it will look in the folder that matches the resolution size and if no file, then use the default resolution size's file

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
seem legit!  this will be a good way to use in the high-res rm projects!

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The hugest issue I get is with title screens and graphics itself, because I can only center them or, they only appear in the upper right corner. :/
For the "show picture" command, I got allready a decent solution. ;)
Characters and Monsters it wouldn't work, because of the limitation of the maximum chars, monsters you can use. :/
About the file size I don't really care, because if I look at games like "Elder Scrolls Online" or "Wolfenstein" with around 40GB+, my game would be still super small. :D
And for those with bad connections, I could part them or simply use smaller/lower quality settings, like:
.png => .jpeg
320 KB/s MP3 => 128 KB/s 

and those things. ;)
Would be super nice if you could do it, not really a fan of stretching, but would be fine too. ;)
It's your time after all and it would be really kind in anyway you could help me. *hugs* :) (\s/)

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks amazing. Will definitely try this out.  :D

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok sorry this took me a bit to get to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5idrcg67s2goklx/ResolutionSelection.txt?dl=0

the script is updated. I really only had to had to add a small method:

#===============================================================================module Cache#=============================================================================== #---------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● overwrite method: normal_bitmap #---------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.normal_bitmap(path) if path[0..8] == "Graphics/" begin reso_path = path.clone reso_path.insert(9, "#{Graphics.width}x#{Graphics.height}/") @cache[reso_path] = Bitmap.new(reso_path) unless include?(reso_path) @cache[reso_path] rescue @cache[path] = Bitmap.new(path) unless include?(path) @cache[path] end end endendThis will look at the player's resolution (which can be picked when they start the game so all folders must match up with the options you allow them to pick). You never have to use this option if you don't want to. However, if you make a new folder inside the graphics folder for each resolution you'd want custom sized images for like in this screenshot:

files.png
Then when a image is called, it will look in the current resolution's folder for the image, if none is set there, then it will look for the file in the normal default folder.

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, thank you very much, you're amazing. <3 (\s/)
You helped me a lot, thank you so much. *hugs* /)

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Venka, i am using a custom tittle scene script by Moghunter, which allows to set an image and its X,Y coordinate in the tittle scene. So is there a way to add this option instead of just writing the resolution command in the following method?

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Select the first scene to show after the player picks their resolution. In # most cases this is "Scene_Title" unless you are using some custom start up. #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- First_Scene = Scene_Title Options_Text = "Resolution"Edit: I actually found a small bug when i set only 02 resolution options (i want to stay low res but have one option for each ratio). When i do that and enter in the resolution selection scene, the window with the options is correctly adjusted but the selection automatically appear at a third, blank option. when i go up to the second (valid) option, everything goes back to normal, and i cant scroll back to the third, blank option.

Here's my script config (Sry, the second code window is bugging here):

Sizes = [
  # [ "Name Text", Width, Height],
    [ "Normal"  ,   640,   480 ],
    [ "Wide"    ,   800,   450 ],
  ] # <- Don't remove

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sorry I didn't see your message Nosleinad. I have family in this weekend so I will try to get this fixed in the next day or two.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok I had a bit to look at the issue tonight. I tried to find the moghunter script you are using but it looks like he has several title screen scripts, so if you have a link that I could use, that would be fantastic.

As for the window's selection, you'll want to change this line in the set up area of the script:

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Pick the default resolution for when the game starts up for the first time. # The next time the game starts, the resolution will be whatever the player # picks. #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Default_Size = ["Wide1", 640, 416]It will have to be set one of your new selections like so:

Default_Size = [ "Normal", 640, 480 ]This will make it select one of the resolutions you have defined if it doesn't read resolution that has already been saved to the game.ini file :)

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to give a little warning or hint for users of the script.
If you have an Nvidia Graphiccard, be sure, that the resolution is listed in your drivers.
Else you will get the message "RGSS Player stoped working." under Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
Which means, the programmer should put into the read me file, which resolution is selected by basic. 
Works fine for me tested it, even I somehow killed the "Scene_Title" script by accident. o_O (\s/)

A last question is, is it possible to add a compatibility with this new game+ script?
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/3161-new-game-option/

I only can get the "Resolution" spot in the menu or the "New Game+" spot.
Would be super nice, thank you in advance. (\s/)

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Place hime's script below this one and change this def near the end of the script:

alias zeaq_titlescreen_create_command_window create_command_window def create_command_window zeaq_titlescreen_create_command_window @command_window.set_handler:)zeaq_command, method:)zeaq_titlescreen_command)) @command_window.set_handler:)zeaq_new_game_plus, method:)command_new_game_plus)) @command_window.set_handler:)settings, method:)command_settings)) endand in the setting just add in a couple of lines like so:

MENU_OPTIONS = [ :new_game, :continue, :new_game_plus, :settings, :shutdown, ]and here as well:

NORMAL_OPTIONS = { #--------------------------------# # ID => "Name", # #--------------------------------# :new_game => "New Game", :continue => "Continue", :settings => "Resolution", :shutdown => "Shutdown", }You can of course move the resolution option up or down in the menu to where you want it.

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do I need to change the lines in your script or in the script of Hime?
Tried both, but allways get an error in this line:

if header and header[:switches][Tsuki::New_Game_Plus::NGP_Switch]In Himes I changed that one:

def create_command_windowIn yours I did it with from this line:

alias :reso_settings_ccw :create_command_windowDid I done it wrong?

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sorry, those were edits to hime's script. Here can take the one I was play testing with.

Code:
#============================================================================# ? Title Screen Aqua ?#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~# This script gives you control over the title screen, from customizing# its appearance to adding extra options to it~#============================================================================ $imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported["zeaq_titlescreen"] = true module ZEAQ  module TitleScreen     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Appearance Options ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # These options configure the appearance of the title screen. You can    # customize these to make the title screen stand out!    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     # Enable custom appearance?    # If this setting is false, the font and Windowskin options will remain    # unchanged from the default.    CHANGE_APPEARANCE = false     # Font Options    FONT_FACE = ["VL Gothic", "Verdana", "Arial", "Courier"] # Font name    FONT_SIZE = 24       # Font size used on the title screen    FONT_COL = [255, 255, 255] # The colour of text ([red, blue, green])    FONT_BOLD = false    # Whether or not text should appear bold    FONT_ITALIC = false  # Whether or not text should appear italic    FONT_SHADOW = false  # Whether or not text should have a shadow    FONT_OUTLINE = true  # Whether or not text should have an outline    FONT_OUT_COL = [0, 0, 0] # The colour of the outline ([red, blue, green])     # Window Options    WINDOWSKIN = "Window" # Windowskin used on the title screen    OPACITY = 255         # Opacity (how visible) level of the Windowskin    BACK_OPACITY = 200    # Opacity of the back of the Windowskin    PADDING = 12          # The padding of text in the Window    PADDING_BOTTOM = 12   # The bottom padding of text in the Window     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Size and Position Options ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # These options configure the position of the window on the title screen.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     # Enable custom size and/or position?    # If this setting is false, the position of the Window will remain    # unchanged from the default.    CHANGE_SIZE_POSITION = false     # Size Options    WINDOW_WIDTH = 175  # Window width; if 0, the default will be used     # Position Options    WINDOW_X = 20 # Window X position; if -1, the default will be used    WINDOW_Y = 20 # Window Y position; if -1, the default will be used     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Game Title Options ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # These options allow you to customize how the game title will be    # displayed on the title screen, if you've chosen to display it.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     # Font Options    NAME_FONT = ["VL Gothic", "Verdana", "Arial", "Courier"] # Font name    NAME_SIZE = 48      # Font size used on the title screen    NAME_COL = [255, 255, 255] # The colour of text ([red, blue, green])    NAME_BOLD = true    # Whether or not text should appear bold    NAME_ITALIC = true  # Whether or not text should appear italic    NAME_SHADOW = true  # Whether or not text should have a shadow    NAME_OUTLINE = true # Whether or not text should have an outline    NAME_OUT_COL = [0, 0, 0] # The colour of the outline ([red, blue, green])     # Position Options    NAME_X = 0     # X movement from position on the screen    NAME_Y = 68    # Y movement from top of the screen    NAME_ALIGN = 1 # 0-Left; 1-Middle; 2-Right     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Graphic and Sound Options ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # These options allow you to customize the graphic and sound on the title    # screen using advanced options.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     # Here you can create a list of graphics that can be displayed on the title    # screen. A random one from the list is shown every time the title screen    # is shown, so you aren't stuck with just one graphic.    # The format to use is: ["Title1", "Title2"],    GRAPHICS = [            ["Crystal", "Gargoyles"],            ["CrossedSwords", "Dragons"],            ["Fountain", ""],            ["Gates", "Heroes"],    ]     # Here you can create a list of music to play on the title screen, and/or    # add a BGS or ME to the title screen.    #    # The format to use is:    # [["BGM", Volume, Pitch], ["BGS", Volume, "Pitch"], ["ME", Volume, Pitch]]    #    # If you don't want to use a BGS, ME or even don't want a BGM, but want    # other sounds, set the one(s) you don't want to "nil"    # [["BGM", Volume, Pitch], nil, nil] will produce a BGM only.    # [["BGM", Volume, Pitch], ["BGS", Volume, "Pitch"], nil] will produce a BGM    # and BGS.    SOUNDS = [            [["Theme2", 100, 100], ["Darkness", 100, 100], ["Shock", 100, 100]],            [["Theme3", 100, 100], nil, nil],            [["Theme4", 100, 100], ["Fire", 70, 100], nil],            [["Theme5", 100, 100], nil, ["Victory2", 100, 100]],    ]     # This option sets whether sounds and graphics should be linked together. If    # this is set to true, the first sound in the sounds list will always play    # with the first graphic in the graphics list, the second sound with the    # second graphic, and so on. If this is false, the graphics and sounds will    # be randomized completely seperate from each other. If you enable this    # option, you will need to have the same amount of graphics and sounds or    # else the title screen could appear with no graphic or no sound.    CONNECT_GRAPHICS_AND_SOUNDS = true     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Title Screen Menu ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # This allows you to list the options that will appear on the title    # screen, in the order they should appear. Scroll further down to define    # your own custom options.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    MENU_OPTIONS = [            :new_game,            :continue,            :new_game_plus,            :settings,            :shutdown,    ]    SHOW_CONTINUE = true # Show continue if there are no save files?     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Normal Menu Options ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # These are the normal menu options that have their own scripts to run.    # If you are using a script that is meant to add an option to the title    # screen, you can add it here.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ID:    The name and method of the option to be called from the option    #        above. This is also the name of the handler used.    # Name:  The name to be displayed on the title menu.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    NORMAL_OPTIONS = {            #--------------------------------#            # ID        => "Name",           #            #--------------------------------#            :new_game   => "New Game",            :continue   => "Continue",            :settings   => "Resolution",            :shutdown   => "Shutdown",    }     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Extra Starting Positions ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # This allows you to add your own additional "New Game"-type options    # where you can choose different starting positions.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ID:    The technical name of the extra option to be called from the    #        option above.    # Name:  The name to be displayed on the title menu.    # Map:   The map where the players start when using this extra option.    # Map X: The X position on the map.    # Map Y: The Y position on the map.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    EXTRA_OPTIONS = {            #---------------------------------------------------#            # ID        => ["Name",           Map, MapX, MapY], #            #---------------------------------------------------#            :new_game_plus => ["New Game Plus", 1,  1, 1],            :custom1    => ["Tutorial",       3,   10,   12  ],            :custom2    => ["Credits",        4,   4,    2   ]    }     #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # ? Radial Animation Options ?    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    # Here you can create an animation for the title screen background,    # similar to RPG Maker VX's default battle system.    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     # Enable?    RADIAL_ANIMATION = false     # Blur Options    RADIAL_BLUR_ANGLE = 80 # Radial blur angle    RADIAL_BLUR_DIVISION = 12 # Radial blur division (smoothness)     # Wave Options    WAVE_AMP = 8      # Wave amplitude    WAVE_LENGTH = 240 # Wave frequency    WAVE_SPEED = 120  # Wave speed     #New game+ options     NGP_Switch = 1    NGP_Text = "New Game+"   end #TitleScreenend #ZEAQ module DataManager   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method: setting up new game+  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.setup_new_game_plus    create_game_objects    $game_switches[ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NGP_Switch] = true    $game_party.setup_starting_members    $game_map.setup($data_system.start_map_id)    $game_player.moveto($data_system.start_x, $data_system.start_y)    $game_player.refresh    Graphics.frame_count = 0  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # overwrite method: self.make_save_header  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.make_save_header    header = {}    header[:characters]    = $game_party.characters_for_savefile    header[:playtime_s]    = $game_system.playtime_s    header[:system]        = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_system))    header[:timer]         = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_timer))    header[:message]       = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_message))    header[:switches]      = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_switches))    header[:variables]     = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_variables))    header[:self_switches] = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_self_switches))    header[:actors]        = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_actors))    header[:party]         = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_party))    header[:troop]         = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_troop))    header[:map]           = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_map))    header[:player]        = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump($game_player))    return header  end end # DataManager class Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command   def new_game_plus?    for i in 0 .. DataManager.savefile_max      header = DataManager.load_header(i)      if header and header[:switches][ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NGP_Switch]        return true      end    end    false  end   alias zeaq_titlescreen_initialize initialize  def initialize    zeaq_titlescreen_initialize    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::CHANGE_APPEARANCE      self.windowskin     = Cache.system(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOWSKIN)      self.opacity        = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::OPACITY      self.back_opacity   = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::BACK_OPACITY      self.padding        = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::PADDING      self.padding_bottom = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::PADDING_BOTTOM    end  end   alias zeaq_titlescreen_draw_item draw_item  def draw_item(index)    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::CHANGE_APPEARANCE      contents.font.name      = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_FACE      contents.font.size      = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_SIZE      contents.font.color     = Color.new(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_COL[0], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_COL[1], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_COL[2])      contents.font.bold      = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_BOLD      contents.font.italic    = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_ITALIC      contents.font.shadow    = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_SHADOW      contents.font.outline   = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_OUTLINE      contents.font.out_color = Color.new(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_OUT_COL[0], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_OUT_COL[1], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::FONT_OUT_COL[2])    end    zeaq_titlescreen_draw_item(index)  end  alias zeaq_titlescreen_window_width window_width  def window_width    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOW_WIDTH != 0 && ZEAQ::TitleScreen::CHANGE_SIZE_POSITION      return ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOW_WIDTH    else      zeaq_titlescreen_window_width    end  end  def update_placement    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOW_X != -1 && ZEAQ::TitleScreen::CHANGE_SIZE_POSITION      self.x = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOW_X    else      self.x = (Graphics.width - width) / 2    end    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOW_Y != -1 && ZEAQ::TitleScreen::CHANGE_SIZE_POSITION      self.y = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WINDOW_Y    else      self.y = (Graphics.height * 1.6 - height) / 2    end  end  def make_command_list    ZEAQ::TitleScreen::MENU_OPTIONS.each{|n|      if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NORMAL_OPTIONS[n]        if n == :continue && !continue_enabled && ZEAQ::TitleScreen::SHOW_CONTINUE          add_command(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NORMAL_OPTIONS[n], n, false)        else          add_command(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NORMAL_OPTIONS[n], n, true)        end      end      if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::EXTRA_OPTIONS[n]        if n == :new_game_plus          if new_game_plus?            add_command(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::EXTRA_OPTIONS[n][0], :zeaq_new_game_plus, true)          else            next          end        else          add_command(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::EXTRA_OPTIONS[n][0], :zeaq_command, true, ZEAQ::TitleScreen::EXTRA_OPTIONS[n])        end      end    }  endend class Scene_Title < Scene_Base  alias zeaq_titlescreen_start start  def start    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::CONNECT_GRAPHICS_AND_SOUNDS      if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::GRAPHICS.size >= ZEAQ::TitleScreen::SOUNDS.size        @random_value = rand(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::GRAPHICS.size)      else        @random_value = rand(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::SOUNDS.size)      end    end    zeaq_titlescreen_start  end  def create_background    if @random_value      graphic = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::GRAPHICS[@random_value]    else      graphic = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::GRAPHICS[rand(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::GRAPHICS.size)]    end    @sprite1 = Sprite.new    @sprite1.bitmap = Cache.title1(graphic[0])    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::RADIAL_ANIMATION      @sprite1.bitmap.radial_blur(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::RADIAL_BLUR_ANGLE, ZEAQ::TitleScreen::RADIAL_BLUR_DIVISION)      @sprite1.wave_amp = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WAVE_AMP      @sprite1.wave_length = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WAVE_LENGTH      @sprite1.wave_speed = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::WAVE_SPEED    end    @sprite2 = Sprite.new    @sprite2.bitmap = Cache.title2(graphic[1])    center_sprite(@sprite1)    center_sprite(@sprite2)  end  def draw_game_title    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.name = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_FONT    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.size = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_SIZE    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.color = Color.new(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_COL[0], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_COL[1], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_COL[2])    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.bold = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_BOLD    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.italic = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_ITALIC    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.shadow = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_SHADOW    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.outline = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_OUTLINE    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.font.out_color = Color.new(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_OUT_COL[0], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_OUT_COL[1], ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_OUT_COL[2])    rect = Rect.new(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_X, ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_Y, Graphics.width, ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_SIZE)    @foreground_sprite.bitmap.draw_text(rect, $data_system.game_title, ZEAQ::TitleScreen::NAME_ALIGN)  end  def play_title_music    RPG::BGS.stop    RPG::ME.stop    if @random_value      sound = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::SOUNDS[@random_value]    else      sound = ZEAQ::TitleScreen::SOUNDS[rand(ZEAQ::TitleScreen::SOUNDS.size)]    end    RPG::BGM.stop if !sound[0].nil?    if !sound[2].nil?      RPG::ME.new(sound[2][0], sound[2][1], sound[2][2]).play    end    if !sound[0].nil?      RPG::BGM.new(sound[0][0], sound[0][1], sound[0][2]).play    end    if !sound[1].nil?      RPG::BGS.new(sound[1][0], sound[1][1], sound[1][2]).play    end  end  def zeaq_titlescreen_command    n = @command_window.current_ext    DataManager.create_game_objects    $game_party.setup_starting_members    $game_map.setup(n[1])    $game_player.moveto(n[2], n[3])    $game_player.refresh    Graphics.frame_count = 0    close_command_window    fadeout_all    $game_map.autoplay    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)  end  alias zeaq_titlescreen_create_command_window create_command_window    def create_command_window    zeaq_titlescreen_create_command_window    @command_window.set_handler(:zeaq_command, method(:zeaq_titlescreen_command))    @command_window.set_handler(:zeaq_new_game_plus, method(:command_new_game_plus))    @command_window.set_handler(:settings, method(:command_settings))  end  alias zeaq_titlescreen_update update  def update    zeaq_titlescreen_update    if ZEAQ::TitleScreen::RADIAL_ANIMATION      @sprite1.update    end  end   def command_new_game_plus    DataManager.setup_new_game_plus    close_command_window    fadeout_all    $game_map.autoplay    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)  endend

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some really strange reason it only works above your script. :/
But then I get the problem, that only the resolution shows up. 
If I moddify the Hime script, then it's the exact opposite way.

If I put it below it then I get the same line error, as I allready posted above. :/
May it's the easiest, to simply chose the resolution only once. :) (\s/)

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if you want you can send me a link to a project that it's bugging out in (either here or in PM) and I'll see if I can figure it out. The one I was play testing in was working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knife77