[RESOLVED] Damage from events passing above the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a "split pieces" boss where you have to engage the enemy four times (once for each quarter of hp) but after each round (or if you don't engage within a second and a half) the boss splits and you have to chase its pieces before you get another crack at doing damage. (+1 if you get what the boss is built against.)

Anyway, I have tried like two different approaches to the split - one at player level (but that only extends the fight due to roadblocked pieces) and the other above the player. Now to really nail the homage that I'm going for I want to check in my logic for the X and Y of a given piece (for movement only the X is important) and if the player is standing under the piece at the wrong moment incurs a set amount of damage for the collision. Any ideas?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallel process, but you need to add waits to prevent unneccessary lag as well as to prevent getting damaged sixty times per second.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That did it. Thanks again!

EDIT: As a heads up, it is still possible to dodge the pieces at the very last second... and it also doesn't account for your follower settings. So this obviously ain't foolproof.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaithFoyer