Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I get this whenever I try to load the audio profile.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Someone else asked about a completely different "non-finite" issue about an hour ago in this thread and apparently it has to do with a decimal value being passed in where only an integer value can be used (in this case, the value that specifies where the Loop of an audio file should begin).

Did you enter a decimal value in a plugin parameter that has to do with Audio?

@Tsukihime Would it be worth rounding numbers in this plugin?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How is your profile set up. Seconds/frames?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone else asked about a completely different "non-finite" issue about an hour ago in this thread and apparently it has to do with a decimal value being passed in where only an integer value can be used (in this case, the value that specifies where the Loop of an audio file should begin).

Did you enter a decimal value in a plugin parameter that has to do with Audio?

@Tsukihime Would it be worth rounding numbers in this plugin?
Yes, i did. In my json file.

How is your profile set up. Seconds/frames?
Samples.

Both: I hade to use Samples and decimals because there is a very specific point where the audio loops and anything off said point makes it....bad.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, i did. In my json file.

Samples.

Both: I hade to use Samples and decimals because there is a very specific point where the audio loops and anything off said point makes it....bad.
Can you try specifying it in seconds? I'm looking at the WebAudio API and it only supports seconds.

So what the code does when you provide it in samples is it divides it by the audio's sample rate which I believe is a conversion from sample offset to seconds offset

This could give you a decimal potentially lots of decimal places. But I'm not sure how how many decimal places would cause it to crash (tenths? hundredths? Thousandsths? etc)

Can you try calculating the seconds offset manually and then see how many decimal places it accepts before it crashes?

Last edited:

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you try specifying it in seconds? I'm looking at the WebAudio API and it only supports seconds.

So what the code does when you provide it in samples is it divides it by the audio's sample rate which I believe is a conversion from sample offset to seconds offset

This could give you a decimal potentially lots of decimal places. But I'm not sure how how many decimal places would cause it to crash (tenths? hundredths? Thousandsths? etc)

Can you try calculating the seconds offset manually and then see how many decimal places it accepts before it crashes?
Ok, I lied. I wasn't at my computer so I didn't ACTUALLY know. I did know I was using samples, but not if i was using decimals or not.

Since switching over to seconds, the error goes away.

Now I am just trying to find the sweet spot of where the song loops and its driving me INSANE. Almost an hour trying to find the loop spot.

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ca
Ok, I lied. I wasn't at my computer so I didn't ACTUALLY know. I did know I was using samples, but not if i was using decimals or not.

Since switching over to seconds, the error goes away.

Now I am just trying to find the sweet spot of where the song loops and its driving me INSANE. Almost an hour trying to find the loop spot.
You can open the song file in Audacity and find the loop points there.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ca

You can open the song file in Audacity and find the loop points there.
That's exactly what i am doing but even with decimals its hard.

I am using Start/End Selection and using the minutes/Seconds.

I am always a bit over or under. Its killing me

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's exactly what i am doing but even with decimals its hard.

I am using Start/End Selection and using the minutes/Seconds.

I am always a bit over or under. Its killing me
If you can’t loop using second, just use Audacity create a loop instead then export it.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you can’t loop using second, just use Audacity create a loop instead then export it.
Does web audio use loop information from the OGG directly?
How does audacity store the loop data?

Ideally the plugin should be able to replicate it, but maybe seconds isn't the best way to handle it

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angel0127g